2008 Ohio State thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Ohio State thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Ohio State thread

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 am

I know that this will sound like blasphemy, but should OSU play Texas, I'll be rooting for OSU, for the sake of the big 10. I hate OSU by far more than any other team, but it just makes sense. The big 10 could really use a win from them or Penn St., so I'll be rooting for both OSU and PSU.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:22 pm

History is made...

Laurinaitis becomes second three-time AP All-American
Dec. 16, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- James Laurinaitis idolized A.J. Hawk, Chris Spielman and the other great linebackers who played for Ohio State before him.

Now, in at least one area, he has surpassed them.

Laurinaitis became the second college football player to be a three-time AP All-American, joining Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford and star receiver Michael Crabtree on the first team released Tuesday.

Ohio State has a history of great linebackers from Hawk to Spielman and Tom Cousineau to Randy Gradishar. Hawk and Spielman were both two-time AP All-Americans.

"When people throw my name in that group of players, I just laugh," Laurinaitis said. "It's extremely complimentary to be thought of in the same category."

The only other player to make the AP first-team three times was Pittsburgh offensive lineman Bill Fralic (1982-84), according to STATS LLC.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... y/11175705
;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby jayday » Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 am

Had to pop in and post this for my fellow Bucknuts... Have a good one! :-D

Link

Somewhere out there is a 5½-year-old, born late in the afternoon of Nov. 22, 2003. She can write her name, maybe read a word or two, ride a bike without training wheels and run a lemonade stand (although correct change might be iffy). She'll enter kindergarten in the fall.

And in her existence, since she joined the world, Michigan has never beaten Ohio State in football.

Just how long has it been since the Wolverines last beat the Buckeyes? Buckeyes fans know, because they mark their calendars with this information, they update their voice mail messages with it, they paste counters on their Web pages. And they do it all while smiling.

Thursday, it will be 2,000 days.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Previous

Return to College Football