Jets workout Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Jets workout Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets workout Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:13 pm

But the Pro Day turned out to be a warmup for the real work. On the Thursday night before Good Friday, I had dinner with the Jets and I have to tell you, I totally clicked with their offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. What a great coach, great offensive mind, and he just has this thing about him that puts you at ease and makes you immediately feel like he's on your side trying to get you better. I was really impressed with how relaxed he makes you feel.

While I threw 52 passes at my Pro Day, the Jets had me make about 65 to 70 throws in a little over an hour. Maybe we should have planned better because due to the timing of the Jets and Dolphins workouts — one was on Good Friday while the other was the day after Easter — we had no wide receivers in town. But we more than made due. I had two very talented tight ends in John Loyte and Trey Koziol, and two running backs who both run routes like a wideout, Andre Callender and L.V. Whitworth. Even with no true wideouts, we didn't lack at all for guys who can get downfield and haul in passes.

The difference between the Jets workout and the Pro Day was the Jets wanted me to make throws and reads within their schemes. They wanted to see first-hand what balls I can throw from within their offense. They especially wanted to see my footwork in the pocket and had me make several throws on the move. They wanted to see where I could put the ball when I was forced to move out of the pocket.

This is from a diary Matt Ryan is writing over at foxsports.com

Well if they don't think Clemens is the future then we might have a shot at RYan. Looks like they are just doing their homework.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jets workout Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:06 pm

I really wouldn't mind drafting Ryan whatsoever.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Re: Jets workout Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:51 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
But the Pro Day turned out to be a warmup for the real work. On the Thursday night before Good Friday, I had dinner with the Jets and I have to tell you, I totally clicked with their offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. What a great coach, great offensive mind, and he just has this thing about him that puts you at ease and makes you immediately feel like he's on your side trying to get you better. I was really impressed with how relaxed he makes you feel.

While I threw 52 passes at my Pro Day, the Jets had me make about 65 to 70 throws in a little over an hour. Maybe we should have planned better because due to the timing of the Jets and Dolphins workouts — one was on Good Friday while the other was the day after Easter — we had no wide receivers in town. But we more than made due. I had two very talented tight ends in John Loyte and Trey Koziol, and two running backs who both run routes like a wideout, Andre Callender and L.V. Whitworth. Even with no true wideouts, we didn't lack at all for guys who can get downfield and haul in passes.

The difference between the Jets workout and the Pro Day was the Jets wanted me to make throws and reads within their schemes. They wanted to see first-hand what balls I can throw from within their offense. They especially wanted to see my footwork in the pocket and had me make several throws on the move. They wanted to see where I could put the ball when I was forced to move out of the pocket.

This is from a diary Matt Ryan is writing over at foxsports.com

Well if they don't think Clemens is the future then we might have a shot at RYan. Looks like they are just doing their homework.

Nice find killians. Proves my point that I just posted about the organization running better as whole. ;-D

Man I love not knowing who the heck they're picking! :-) :-D :-b ;-) :*) :-S

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to New York Jets