2008 Michigan thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008 Michigan thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Michigan thread

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Kilroy wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:A surprise in the sense that it was basically in it's infancy. Now, the scheme is being played by many teams. It is no longer new.
Rich Rod's claim to fame is based on his offense, and when it's 'shine' wears off, he becomes just another head coach.

And if there's one thing a Domer would know, it's about a head coach losing his shine. :-D

Living in South Bend, I think that I can honestly say he is really only losing his shine right now with ESPN and the average ND basher.
Charlie is doing many great things here in South Bend. Having the players that he 'inherited' coming into the job somewhat hindered what he came here to do. He was unable to throw many young players onto the field to go through their growing pains. I look at last year and this year as sort of his first two years at Notre Dame.
I understand the whole recruiting grades bull****, but ND is pulling in a much better class of athlete, especially at skill positions. The ones they have now are still very young, and they do not seem to be slowing down during this recruiting season.
Anyways, my two cents here.
Sorry to hijack this mich thread.
Back to your regularly scheduled program.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Some interesting numbers regarding Saturday's game:

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer: “Since 1980, excluding seasons when their records have been the same, the team with the better record is only 13-12. In that same period, unranked teams playing ranked teams have actually won five of eight. Maybe Michigan should be favored.”

http://www.freep.com/article/20081118/S ... 0/SPORTS06

That said, I ain't holdin' out a lotta hope! !+) :-/ :,-(
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:22 pm

that was a beat down. first year mich coaches had an unbelievable record against OSU. where the blue at?
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I heard a rumor that McGuffey has told Rich Rod he is transferring to a DII school
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:25 pm

UM's season reminded me a lot of Callasham's first season at NU. I would like to think RichRod can do better, but he pulled the classic "trying to fit a square peg in a round hole" with how he used what talent he had.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:03 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:UM's season reminded me a lot of Callasham's first season at NU. I would like to think RichRod can do better, but he pulled the classic "trying to fit a square peg in a round hole" with how he used what talent he had.

Exactly. I hate to see any team go through what we went through, but clearly that's what RichRod is doing to the Maize and Blue. And it's just such a stupid, huge ego trip that these guys are on that makes them do this, I think. They believe that their way is the best way, everything else be damned, and even if they don't have the horses for it they'll still run the race their way regardless.

Look at the tradition getting tossed out the window at both Nebraska and Michigan. It's a travesty. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:55 am

And at last the suffering that was the '08 season ends, and next year has to be better!

"Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton,
"I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I'll rise and fight again.

GO BLUE!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:52 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I heard a rumor that McGuffey has told Rich Rod he is transferring to a DII school

He just said he's considering it.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:03 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I heard a rumor that McGuffey has told Rich Rod he is transferring to a DII school

I heard it from someone who said he is close to McGuffeys family. I wouldn't call it 100% reliable, but I trust it
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:35 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

I heard it from someone who said he is close to McGuffeys family. I wouldn't call it 100% reliable, but I trust it

From the local media:

Who will go? Hard to say. A lot of players think about leaving, but in the end, guys who will start at a place like Michigan rarely transfer. Running back Sam McGuffie has considered leaving; running backs coach Fred Jackson said he expects McGuffie back, but don’t be surprised if he transfers to a school in his home state of Texas.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 0881122070
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to College Football