2008-2009 Florida Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Florida Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 NC Thread AKA Florida

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:56 am

Free Bagel wrote:Shoey played right before the game again and we both stayed for the Orange and Blue game.

Dee, it was on ESPN, you didn't watch?

Moody and Rainey both looked VERY good other than Moody's dumb fumble (trying to dive into the endzone holding the ball out after a long run). Rainey made one of the sickest moves I've ever seen on the long TD catch he had....Reggie Bush eat your heart out.

It's difficult to judge the defense with everyone split up and the O-line playing both ways (and being tired as hell).

Dunlap had 3 of his sacks right at the end when Troutwein came out. I guess we'd better pray Troutwein doesn't get hurt again this year.

Newton definitely left the door open for Brantley for the backup gig, though to be fair it's hard to judge a runner when all they have to do is touch him to make him down.

Tebow looked good, since he couldn't be tackled they focused a little more on some straight drop-backs, just dropping back and hitting a 15 yard in and such and he did well with those. He was playing with a 102 degree fever as well. If Brantley wasn't hurt I don't think Tebow would have played.

The WRs looked awful, but Percy, Murph, Ingram, and Moore all were not playing. Riley Cooper was as shakey as ever though he calmed down some in the second half. It was funny because early on I yelled out that the blue should just attack Jaques Rickerson, but then we noticed he was covering Coop and said they neutralized each other, because Rickerson would just get burned and Cooper would either run the wrong route or drop it. Sure enough, about two plays later Cooper burned Rickerson on a go route, Tebow laid it in there perfectly, and Coop dropped it.

I have been trying to get my Seminar paper written because it is due next Monday and I only have 13 of the 25-30 pages done. It is a lot of analysis and legal stuff and I have not been able to do much so I couldn't watch. :~(

So you think they will use both Rainey and Moody in the backfield kinda like USC did with Bush and White?

Why were Moore, Ingram, and Murph all out?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:43 pm

I saw Matt Patchan was playing DT. I thought he was an OL?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:28 am

deerayfan072 wrote:I saw Matt Patchan was playing DT. I thought he was an OL?

He was brought in to play OL however after the start of the year he came down with Mono and lost a lot of weight (a little less than 30 lbs I think) and is now too small to play OL. He should play OL down the road but he's just too small right now so they're either going to red shirt him this year of play him at DL because he can be a little smaller there. He has also been adding some much needed energy and enthusiasm to the DL. Also, we are pretty thin at DL so we needed some depth there.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:39 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:

He was brought in to play OL however after the start of the year he came down with Mono and lost a lot of weight (a little less than 30 lbs I think) and is now too small to play OL. He should play OL down the road but he's just too small right now so they're either going to red shirt him this year of play him at DL because he can be a little smaller there. He has also been adding some much needed energy and enthusiasm to the DL. Also, we are pretty thin at DL so we needed some depth there.

Yea, I read a lot on Rivals boards last night and read great things about him being on the DL, but no one said why he had moved. When I saw his size compared to say the Pouncey Twins I understood why he moved to the other side. Do you think if he plays well at DL they will keep him there?

Random question for you --- Do you use a laptop in class now'? I never saw anyone do it at UF, but now I wonder if people do
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:42 am

Jim Tartt had shoulder surgery yesterday (second time) and is out at least four months.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

Yea, I read a lot on Rivals boards last night and read great things about him being on the DL, but no one said why he had moved. When I saw his size compared to say the Pouncey Twins I understood why he moved to the other side. Do you think if he plays well at DL they will keep him there?

Random question for you --- Do you use a laptop in class now'? I never saw anyone do it at UF, but now I wonder if people do

I doubt it. He just doesn't have the body to be a defensive linemen, definitely not a DT. He's tall and skinny, his legs are too small to add much weight and won't put on enough to be a good clog in the middle. And he's just not fast or athletic enough to play the type of DE (think Harvey, Moss, Dunlap) that Meyer likes.

Some people use laptops, more in my finance classes than other classes (I'm a finance and sport management double major). I don't personally use one because I'm broke and can't afford one but it's all personal preference. Some teachers don't allow it if they're not necessary because they know students just check ESPN.com all class long. For almost all grad schools at UF you have to have one. My old roommate got his JD from UF (graduated last fall) and everyone in law school has to have one. (if you're actually interested in modern students and their practices in the classroom check out this video, it's pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vy ... re=related)
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:26 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
I doubt it. He just doesn't have the body to be a defensive linemen, definitely not a DT. He's tall and skinny, his legs are too small to add much weight and won't put on enough to be a good clog in the middle. And he's just not fast or athletic enough to play the type of DE (think Harvey, Moss, Dunlap) that Meyer likes.

Some people use laptops, more in my finance classes than other classes (I'm a finance and sport management double major). I don't personally use one because I'm broke and can't afford one but it's all personal preference. Some teachers don't allow it if they're not necessary because they know students just check ESPN.com all class long. For almost all grad schools at UF you have to have one. My old roommate got his JD from UF (graduated last fall) and everyone in law school has to have one. (if you're actually interested in modern students and their practices in the classroom check out this video, it's pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vy ... re=related)

I have to have a laptop for JD as well and you look around and everyone is doing something else
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:57 pm

When I was at UF tons of people had laptops in class. Of course, those were engineering classes so...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:06 pm

UF Starting out well again for 2009 Recruiting

4* Gary Brown DT
4* Greg Reid DB

Brown is the 5th best DT rated by Rivals
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:48 pm

Naples High School OL Nick Alajajian is a high priority for the Hurricanes.

Just one problem: He currently lists Florida as his frontrunner.

"I like the way they play and me and (line coach) Steve Addazio started a good relationship," Alajajian said. "They don't have large numbers (of offensive linemen), so that's a good thing."

At the same time Alajajian says the Canes and Florida State are still very much in the running.

"I'm not saying Florida's way out in front," he said. "That's just my No. 1 right now. Miami and Florida State are coming real hard, so that's a good thing."

No. 1 OT in the country rated by Rivals has UF as the front runner. He wants to make his decision over the summer ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football