2008-2009 Florida Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Florida Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 Florida Thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Scot Loeffler Named UF’s Quarterbacks Coach

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Scot Loeffler has been named the University of Florida’s new quarterbacks coach, Head Coach Urban Meyer announced on Tuesday. Loeffler has previous college experience at the University of Michigan, guiding quarterback Chad Henne and also worked with Tom Brady and Brian Griese. He will begin working with the Gators on Friday, following UF’s matchup with Oklahoma in the 2009 BCS National Championship Game on Thursday night at Dolphin Stadium.

http://florida.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f ... 82&style=2

Apparently Tebow really liked him while he was UM. Maybe Tebow stays to learn under this guy for one year and become a better QB?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Scot Loeffler Named UF’s Quarterbacks Coach

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Scot Loeffler has been named the University of Florida’s new quarterbacks coach, Head Coach Urban Meyer announced on Tuesday. Loeffler has previous college experience at the University of Michigan, guiding quarterback Chad Henne and also worked with Tom Brady and Brian Griese. He will begin working with the Gators on Friday, following UF’s matchup with Oklahoma in the 2009 BCS National Championship Game on Thursday night at Dolphin Stadium.

http://florida.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?f ... 82&style=2

Apparently Tebow really liked him while he was UM. Maybe Tebow stays to learn under this guy for one year and become a better QB?

Tebow ain't saying yet...

Loeffler's relationship with Tebow -- he was heavily involved in recruiting him while at Michigan -- has led to speculation about whether Tebow might return for his senior season.

Tebow tried to avoid that subject at a press conference Sunday in advance of Thursday's BCS championship game against Oklahoma, saying, "I know where that question can lead."

But Tebow also praised Loeffler.

"He's a very good guy, a very good recruiter, a very good quarterback coach as far as fundamentals and work ethic and character," Tebow said. "That's why I looked at (Michigan) so hard."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 70459/1126
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:59 pm

IMO, Tebow is staying
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 am

deerayfan072 wrote:IMO, Tebow is staying

Last I saw he was projecting to be like a 5th Round pick... he has no business not staying.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:01 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:IMO, Tebow is staying

Last I saw he was projecting to be like a 5th Round pick... he has no business not staying.

Yep. Thats why I think he is staying. Now that Stafford, and from what I hear Bradford, are going to the NFL, he will fall more. Stay one more year, learn under the new QB coach and hone your skills.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:08 pm

I always thought he would stay just because that seems to be his character. Maybe its his Christian values, who knows.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:20 pm

portisfan24 wrote:I always thought he would stay just because that seems to be his character. Maybe its his Christian values, who knows.

Yea that also could be a factor. He also loves being in school and wants to get his degree.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:18 pm

One of Florida's best linebackers of all time will likely return for his senior season -- at least according to defensive coordinator Charlie Strong.

Strong said he doesn't expect to lose junior Brandon Spikes, who has until Jan. 15 to declare for the NFL draft.

"I think he'll be fine," Strong added.

Spikes has said it would be hard to pass up a first-round selection, but he's also talked with quarterback Tim Tebow and wide receiver Percy Harvin about staying. Most online mock drafts don't have Spikes or Tebow in the first round, but they have Harvin toward the end of the first. Gators coaches typically don't recommend a player leave unless he's projected as a first-rounder.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports ... trong.html

If he and Tebow come back we are NC again
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:59 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:

One of Florida's best linebackers of all time will likely return for his senior season -- at least according to defensive coordinator Charlie Strong.

Strong said he doesn't expect to lose junior Brandon Spikes, who has until Jan. 15 to declare for the NFL draft.

Spikes has said it would be hard to pass up a first-round selection, but he's also talked with quarterback Tim Tebow and wide receiver Percy Harvin about staying. Most online mock drafts don't have Spikes or Tebow in the first round, but they have Harvin toward the end of the first. Gators coaches typically don't recommend a player leave unless he's projected as a first-rounder.

I don't know why, I just have a feeling Percy's leaving. It's not even based on that much, it's just my gut. But if they stay you guys have got to be a huge preseason favorite.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I don't know why, I just have a feeling Percy's leaving. It's not even based on that much, it's just my gut. But if they stay you guys have got to be a huge preseason favorite.

I think Percy and Spikes are gone personally. This article makes me feel better about Spikes only because Strong said it and he is close with his players. If Percy leaves, but the other 2 stay we are still in great shape. We would be returning the entire defense, plus almost every back up on the defense as well. The defense is going to be better next year with or without Spikes, but with him back it will be dominating.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football