2008-2009 Florida Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Florida Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 Florida Thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:42 pm

One prominent Florida player is going, another is staying with the BCS champion Gators.

Junior wide receiver Percy Harvin is expected to announce later Thursday that he will enter the NFL draft, a person close to him said. Meanwhile, All-American linebacker Brandon Spikes said Thursday he will return for his senior season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3835065

All 11 defensive starters and backups will return for us ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
All 11 defensive starters and backups will return for us ;-D

This is gonna be a really really strong returning team. (Although we saw what that means this year with Ohio State)

Florida lost 4 offensive starters (WR Louis Murphy, WR Percy Harvin, OT Jason Watkins, OT Phil Trautwein). They all 11 defensive starters and I think only 1 backup DT Javier Estopinan.

This team will have a great chance at going wire-to-wire #1 if they can replace the production they'll lose with Murphy and Harvin gone.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:21 pm

We drop Mississippi next year for Mississippi State as well. So our rotating west opponents of MSU and Arkansas :-*

Plus, Georgia loses Stafford, Moreno, and Asher Allen, and I don't really see the rest of the teams in the East getting other better.

LSU should be a lot better than last year, but beyond that this looks like the coziest schedule I can remember in a long, long time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:28 am

Free Bagel wrote:We drop Mississippi next year for Mississippi State as well. So our rotating west opponents of MSU and Arkansas :-*

Plus, Georgia loses Stafford, Moreno, and Asher Allen, and I don't really see the rest of the teams in the East getting other better.

LSU should be a lot better than last year, but beyond that this looks like the coziest schedule I can remember in a long, long time.

And Miami is off the schedule. Even if they were down this year, it was still a tough game.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Free Bagel wrote:We drop Mississippi next year for Mississippi State as well. So our rotating west opponents of MSU and Arkansas :-*

LSU is going to be very good.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Huge Recruiting Weekend for the Gators

Orson Charles 5* Athlete -- Right now UGA leads because his QB from College (Aaron Murray) is already committed. He liked his visit to FSU as well. He would be a nice addition to the squad and used as a TE from what I hear.

Mike Gillislee 4* All-Purpose Back -- Recommitted to UF after speaking with Urban. Hopefully he can help recruit while he is here.

Jarvis Jones 4* OLB Ranked #3 by Rivals -- A stated Gator fan, but he is from UGA and they are putting the hard press on. I hope he gets to hang with Spikes because he should be able to tell him a thing or 2 about the Gator defense.

Dre Kirkpatrick 5* CB -- He is really interested in Bama, so I am not sure this will do much. Add that he wants to play early and we have Haden and Jenkins, so that hurts more.

Greg Reid 5* CB -- Decomitted to UF a few days before NC and had an awesome time at FSU last weekend apparently. Also visiting home state UGA later. He made some comments about watching Haden and Jenkins and knowing they are coming back is really making him not want to be at UF because he wants to play right away.

Trent Richardson 5* RB (Ranked #2 in the Country) -- Solid Bama commit and I don't see him going anywhere else.

Luther Robinson 4* DT -- Solid Miami commit and I don't see him leaving Miami either. He is from Coral Gables.

Jawanza Starling 4* S -- Grew up a Gator fan, but apperantly UGA and FSU are leading now and he is scheduled to visit them after he visits UF.

Frankie Telfort 4* OLB -- USC and UF are leading now. He scheduled a visit with OSU recently.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Not sure if you guys saw, but Trent Richardson (RB) who has been a very solid Bama commit has started to waiver and is strongly considering UF. Richardson is one of the best recruits in this class and would be the big powerful back that Florida needs to compliment everyone else. The coach he had a bond with left for UT and now Richardson is supposedly really bonded with out RB coach. Meyer just had an in-home with him and there are whispers he is now leaning Florida although he hasn't de-committed from bama yet. This would be a huge grab for Florida to go with Nuke and Debose at wide out and the OL and LB we needed to shore up those positions.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:15 pm

The #1 jersey has been passed on to Janoris Jenkins ;-D

Well deserved
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:05 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:The #1 jersey has been passed on to Janoris Jenkins ;-D

Well deserved

What does the #1 jersey mean for a Florida player? Is it supposed to be the best player on the team or something?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:19 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:The #1 jersey has been passed on to Janoris Jenkins ;-D

Well deserved

What does the #1 jersey mean for a Florida player? Is it supposed to be the best player on the team or something?

There is no official meaning like at UM, but everyone that has worn recently has been awesome.. Most recent Nelson and Harvin, and now JJ. It has become a badge of honor so to speak
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football