2008-2009 Florida Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

2008-2009 Florida Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008-2009 NC Thread AKA Florida

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:25 am

Matt Patchan, a star offensive lineman at Armwood who will play defense at the University of Florida, was shot in the back Friday night in Brandon but is expected to be OK.

Reportedly Patchan was a bystander in the situation. He is already back in Gainesville.

When reached by the St. Pete Times Monday, Patchan said "I've gotta go, I can't talk about it."

But Armwood coach Sean Callahan said "it's not serious" and that in fact the bullet was left in. Callahan told the Tribune that Patchan and former Armwood kicker Wesley Skiffington were around a recreation area when a group of youth was hanging out. One of them pulled a gun according to Callahan, and one of the shots hit Patchan in the back; Skiffington was hit in the foot but was fine.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 am

Why is Patchan moving to defense? I thought he was supposed to be a stud OT?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:49 pm

jayday wrote:Why is Patchan moving to defense? I thought he was supposed to be a stud OT?

Too small for OT right now. He will move back i believe is what Bagel and Joe said
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed May 14, 2008 9:58 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
jayday wrote:Why is Patchan moving to defense? I thought he was supposed to be a stud OT?

Too small for OT right now. He will move back i believe is what Bagel and Joe said

They need energy on the D-line. (Code for "all of our d-linemen are smoking weed and have no desire to play football with any energy") Patchen brings that energy as a young freshman.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:17 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

They need energy on the D-line. (Code for "all of our d-linemen are smoking weed and have no desire to play football with any energy") Patchen brings that energy as a young freshman.

The plan is to ultimately move him back though? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:The plan is to ultimately move him back though? :-?

yea
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:59 pm

Cool Story About Urban

So my fraternity brother's girlfriend's sister (got that ;-) ) was at the Rays game on Friday with her boy friend and they just happened to be sitting in the seat in front of Urban. This guy planned on proposing to his g/f anyway so in the middle of the game he turns to Urban and says

"Should I marry this girl?" and Urban replies "Yea, why not". He asks Urban if he has his blessing and Urban tells him go ahead.

The guy busts out the ring and asks the girl to marry him. After she says yes, Urban asked if he could call the girl's dad and tell him. So from his personal cell phone he calls this girls dad and says

"Hey. This is Urban Meyer, I heard you like OSU and I am sorry about beating them like that, but good news is your daughter just got married." He talks to this guy (Huge OSU fan) for like 20 minutes on the phone before this girl finally gets to talk to her dad. After that Urban gave them his address and phone number and said he wanted to come to the wedding.

The two of them are pretty big Gator fans so its pretty awesome for them.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Free Bagel » Thu May 29, 2008 7:39 pm

That's awesome. I am so jealous now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Fri May 30, 2008 11:20 am

Who is "Urban Meyer?" :^

;-)
That is a cool story, though. Thanks for sharing.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:33 pm

4* DE among others to attend camp

A bunch of top-rated prospects showed up Monday for Urban Meyer's Gator Football Camp including Broomfield (Colo.) Legacy defensive end Nick Kasa, who is all of 6 feet 7 and 245 pounds.

Kasa has Florida and Colorado as his top two schools.
Kasa, who has Florida and Colorado as his top two schools, is rated as the fourth-best strong-side defensive end nationally by Rivals.com and he's No. 92 in the class regardless of position. His height isn't exaggerated. Neither is his frame. Kasa is very impressive physically and definitely drew attention at camp.

Read the Rest Here
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football