Gary Brown DT 4*
Mike Gillislee RB 4*
Jon Halapio OL NR
Greg Reid DB 4*
Nu'Keese Richardson WR 4*
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008-2009 NC Thread AKA Florida

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:39 pm

Video of Gillislee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wt7wGiJoFI

Quick back that can play slot as well. A great option for our offense as we can use him in the backfield or the slot ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Florida preview
Urban Meyer is known for being a great builder of programs, and even rebuilder. Now for the first time, he has to prove he can reload.

He went 17-6 in two years at Bowling Green, and then he went to Utah where he was a rent-a-coach for two years going 22-2 finishing up with a BCS win over Pitt. He won the national title in his second year at Florida, and then came last season, the worst of his coaching career, when he went (gasp!) 9-4.

Rest Here
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 pm

We lost Dee Finely to Prep school

UF safety coach Chuck Heater just replied to my text message - that yes Dee Finley is indeed headed to Prep School.

When interviewed by GBN on Wednesday, coach Heater said he expected Finley to make it in for Summer B. The coaches found out on Friday that wasn't to be the case.

Finley is only the second prospect in Urban Meyer's four years to fail to qualify coming out of high school.

He will attempt to return to Florida in January after attending Milford Academy in NY.

Sucks, but we can afford it this year. I hope he comes back to UF
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:27 pm

Gators landed another OL recruit. Number 3 in the country
For weeks, FV five-star OL Nick Alajajian had hinted a decision could be coming soon. His original plan was to take a few visits, then a few weeks later break down all his favorites and make a decision shortly before his high school season begins. However, somewhere along the way, his plans changed. On Tuesday morning, informed FV that he was ready to officially announce his commitment. Find out where Alajajian is headed and more in our exclusive interview.

Today was a special day for at least one highly rated prospect. Top offensive lineman in the state, Nick Alajajian was ready to commit. That decision came down shortly after noon, when he announced he will be continuing his college career at the University of Florida. Alajajian wanted to make his decision special, so he decided to drive down from Naples to Gainesville and let the Gator staff know the good news in person.

"I'm a Florida Gator," explained Alajajian. "I wanted to do it in person and tell the coaches. I feel relieved now to just have this all behind me and now I can focus on my senior season. I pretty much knew after talking to my family about a month ago that Florida was where I wanted to be. I'm done now and I don't have any more visits planned except for a couple of trips back to Gainesville to watch Florida in action."

THE REASON BEHIND THE RATING: If you’re wondering why he’s not only on the Sweet Sixteen, but the top overall rated player, look no further than the Gators depth chart. Even with facing limited scholarship numbers this year, Florida still needs to grab a handful of offensive line prospects - especially tackles. Alajajian is the top lineman in the state and the Gators are in good shape to land his services.

THE SKINNY: The one constant from him from the beginning is the fact that Florida has been sitting firmly atop his leader board. After visiting Gainesville a couple of times over the spring, it seemed as though he might have been ready to pull the trigger. That hasn’t happened yet, but it might just be a matter of time.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:05 am

Jonathan Harrison OG 3 * will commit to UF on Monday. He is very close to being a 4 * and has shown a lot of talent. The Gators are continuing to nab good players early, and even more important, rebuild that O-Line and get it ready to allow the offense to run perfectly
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:48 am

Dorian Munroe suffered, what they thought as of yesterday (maybe the diagnosis has changed), a torn ACL and was likely to miss the season. The person I spoke with didn't know how he did it. They had a team run on Thursday (running a series of 50's), but I don't know if it happened there.

sucks
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Florida's secondary took another major hit Saturday when it was announced junior safety Dorian Munroe, a projected starter, and senior safety John Curtis will miss the 2008 season with knee injuries.

Munroe suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee that will require surgery and sideline him for the year. Curtis, a backup, sustained a torn ACL in his left knee.

He will miss at least the 2008 season, according to a press release. This is the third tear Curtis has suffered in his left knee. He has had two prior surgeries on that knee. The press release did not elaborate on how either player suffered their injuries.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=826216

Not good for our defense. They may need Will Hill to play as a Freshman
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:13 am

They're gonna have to move somebody because there's just not enough depth at safety with both Munroe and Curtis going down. Look for Wondy Pierre-Louis or somebody from the WR position to move over and provide help at CB. Maybe move Wondy to S, then start Haden and Markihe Anderson but then who's your nickelback? It's just not enough depth when you're talking about playing a guy like Bryan Thomas when you're in nickel. And who knows what they'll do when they're in dime packages.

(it's tough to rely on Will Hill which is why I don't have him factored in. Let's just hope he's like Eric Berry from Tenn and can just step in and play.)
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Some good news:

Meyer: Harvin's heel progressing well after surgery
July 17, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

TAMPA, Fla. -- Florida receiver Percy Harvin is "ahead of schedule" in his return from heel surgery, coach Urban Meyer said Thursday.

Meyer said Harvin, one of the nation's most dynamic players, has started running full speed and should be ready to go when the Gators begin fall practice next month.

"He's doing tremendous," Meyer said at the Florida Sports Writers Association's annual college football media days. "What happens with skilled athletes and you see it all the time -- especially with the race-horse-type guys -- if they hurt a certain part of their body, another part of their body takes over and then you start having the hip flexors, hamstring issues, quad issues. So we're being very cautious."

Harvin had surgery in early April, hoping to relieve years of pain in his right heel that had bothered him off and on since his high school days in Virginia Beach.

It was initially treated as tendinitis at Florida, but the pain persisted and eventually caused soreness in his knee and hip.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootba ... y/10900383
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football