Cutler rips Brandon Marshall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cutler rips Brandon Marshall

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cutler rips Brandon Marshall

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:48 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I'm going to go against the grain here and support what Cutler did. First off, it seems evident from what he said that people have tried to deal with Marshall's many situations privately and it simply hasn't worked. At some point, if Marshall doesn't clean up his act, Cutler is going to lose his best target for next year, and Cutler knows that. As a result, he is calling him out and making Marshall accountable. This may be just what Marshall needs to shape up. Sometimes being a leader means letting someone have it when they screw up, and that's just what Cutler did.

yeah, totally agree. Obviously he knows something we don't. If marshall has been talking to shanahan numerous times, there is something larger going on here.

Exactly. And if Peyton or Brady did something like this, they would be talked about as great leaders in all likelihood.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:10 am

The guy has an alcohol problem IMO. Does anyone really believe he slipped on a Burger king wrapper and went through his entertainment center? It is like Hunter Pence (an OF for Houston that plays baseball) he was drunk and went through a sliding glass door and made up some dumb story. Marshall has had a DUI and than this following that. When someone does something over and over and doesn't change you need to shock the person with an event to get them to change. Maybe Cutler thought since he didn't change from a DUI or hurting himself that maybe by calling him out in public it would lead to scrutiny on the guy and he would feel the pressure and change. I have no problem with what he did.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ivesaidway2much » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:24 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I'm going to go against the grain here and support what Cutler did. First off, it seems evident from what he said that people have tried to deal with Marshall's many situations privately and it simply hasn't worked. At some point, if Marshall doesn't clean up his act, Cutler is going to lose his best target for next year, and Cutler knows that. As a result, he is calling him out and making Marshall accountable. This may be just what Marshall needs to shape up. Sometimes being a leader means letting someone have it when they screw up, and that's just what Cutler did.
When is the last time that ripping a player in the media actually had a positive effect? If criticizing your teammates in the press was an effective strategy, guys like TO and Chad Johnson would be the best leaders in the NFL.

Exactly. And if Peyton or Brady did something like this, they would be talked about as great leaders in all likelihood.
They probably would, but I'd still disagree. Brady didn't make any comments about how Moss was running out of chances when that domestic abuse issue came up during the playoffs. Does that make him a bad leader? And I thought Favre was a jerk when he commented on Javon Walker's contract negotiations a few years ago. If not for Al Davis' insanity, taking Brett's advice probably would have cost Walker a significant percentage of all the money he could have made in the NFL.

EDIT: Although I did support Peyton when he ripped his "idiot kicker" Mike Vanderjagt.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Munboy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm with Fleshner. I like QBs (the leaders of most teams) calling out the diva WRs. Granted, Cutler doesn't carry the weight of Favre, but maybe WRs will get it when they're told enough is enough.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:09 am

Didn't Marshall end up saying something about rasslin' with his brother and slipping on the BK wrapper? Good enough for me. Let the man make up for it by blowing up on the field, methinks. That story is riddled enough with holes, but may also show some shame and maybe a sign that he knows he has mis-stepped. Basically calling your teammate a liar and insinuating he has a substance abuse and/or character issues cannot help matters.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Apparently there is more going on behind the scenes and I don't think that this comment is purely about the accident he had.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk