Micheal Bush What do you think??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Micheal Bush What do you think???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Micheal Bush What do you think???

Postby 011472 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:59 pm

Well, now what? I really liked Bush as a late value buy at this year's auction. I figured he works his way into the offense this year and then I keep him and he's a huge value as a potential stud RB in 2009. Damn!

Now with McFadden, Fargas and Bush, not to mention Rhodes and Jordan, it's a big mess in Oaktown. I agree that Bush is a real talent. Is he doomed to years on the bench?
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm

011472 wrote:Well, now what? I really liked Bush as a late value buy at this year's auction. I figured he works his way into the offense this year and then I keep him and he's a huge value as a potential stud RB in 2009. Damn!

Now with McFadden, Fargas and Bush, not to mention Rhodes and Jordan, it's a big mess in Oaktown. I agree that Bush is a real talent. Is he doomed to years on the bench?

i like him a lot too. if they are smart they will try to make some trades for WRs, since they seem to have forgot half of their roster consists of RBs. they just paid fargas and rhodes...drafted mcfadden. i wouldnt be surprised to see bush and jordan both gone before too long.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:41 pm

If I were drafting today, I wouldn't touch anyone in Oakland's backfield, including McFadden. McFadden will likely be pulled in goal line situations if there is any decent short yardage back on the roster. I liked Michael Bush and would definately throw $1 at him to get him on my roster, but I still want to see some live production from him post-injury before I waste too much time thinking about him. No offense, but I don't take the word of someone on the internet who knows the RB coach in Oakland who claims he's 100%. ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby 011472 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:31 am

dgan wrote: No offense, but I don't take the word of someone on the internet who knows the RB coach in Oakland who claims he's 100%. ;-D

Oh I agree. I guess I'm just coming at this from the point of view of a Raiders fan who envisioned having my team's RB of the future leading my teams to success both in fantasy and reality.

Considering my league's keeper rules and my plans for who I'll keep (Portis and Gore), mining for a 2009 breakout guy is a strategy I'm giving a lot of thought to.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:56 pm

At this point Michael Bush was a complete wast of a pick. I can't believe how dumb this franchise is. Dedication to Excrement!

I was going to put a thumbs down here but I'm actually happy they will suck again. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:59 pm

From the local media:

Look for Fargas to remain as the primary back in 2008 while McFadden works into a complementary role. The Raiders will want Fargas to repeat as a 1,000-yard rusher while McFadden chips in with 500 yards on the ground and perhaps just as many yards (or more) as a receiver.

As for the untested Michael Bush, he can always be used as a short-yardage or goal-line back.

full article: http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders ... ck_check=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:At this point Michael Bush was a complete wast of a pick. I can't believe how dumb this franchise is. Dedication to Excrement!

I was going to put a thumbs down here but I'm actually happy they will suck again. ;-D

It really is sad. I think Mike Bush will end up being a great RB..he just needs to get on another team.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:02 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:At this point Michael Bush was a complete wast of a pick. I can't believe how dumb this franchise is. Dedication to Excrement!

It really is sad. I think Mike Bush will end up being a great RB..he just needs to get on another team.

I wish they would trade him to the bucs
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:35 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:

I wish they would trade him to the bucs

He doesn't meet Chucky's minimum age requirement.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Kilroy wrote:
He doesn't meet Chucky's minimum age requirement.

or position requirement
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk