Chad Johnson Ugly Interview - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson Ugly Interview

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chad Johnson Ugly Interview

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Exactly. Well, sort of. I was for bringing in TO just because we needed one playmaker to make us the contender that we needed to be. I thought that if they brought him in with a one year incentive laden, easy for the team to back out of contract, good things would happen, and so far it has. I don't think CJ is as good as TO anyway.

CJ = Owens two years ago.

Except I think Owens has more talent. CJ, Owens, Randy Moss, just have to find them the ideal situation and hope you get a couple good years from them. The Pats are the right place for Moss because they win and have a good QB. The Cowboys are because there is a young QB that TO likes and the team is decent. We lose in the first round of the playoffs or worse this year and he will implode I think. CJ is just fed up with the awful team there in Cincinatti both talent and organizationally. Move him somewhere else and he might be a great fit. But TO and him on the same team is a recipe for disaster.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:39 am

How can I say this without being rude? Well, you think TO is better than CJ because you watch Cowboys games. Go to YouTube and watch a highlight reel of each. Guaranteed, you'll be more impressed with Ocho Cinco than Owens. Owens just runs more fly routes and is put in motion more upping his breakaway potential and resulting in more TDs. If you look at yards they're nearly identical (90 YPG v. 90.3), but who do you think gets more looks?
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:57 am

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:How can I say this without being rude? Well, you think TO is better than CJ because you watch Cowboys games. Go to YouTube and watch a highlight reel of each. Guaranteed, you'll be more impressed with Ocho Cinco than Owens. Owens just runs more fly routes and is put in motion more upping his breakaway potential and resulting in more TDs. If you look at yards they're nearly identical (90 YPG v. 90.3), but who do you think gets more looks?

I say you're wrong LBC. I feel Owens is way better than CJ, I think TO is easily one of the top 3 wides in real football (the other two being Randy Moss and Steve Smith), and despite being a "Patriots fanboy" I think TO is better than Moss, or more complete than Moss.

Very few wides have the combined speed, size and strength that TO has. You say TO runs more fly routes, I am pretty sure the opposite is true. CJ runs many fly routes to corners or the middle, or 10+ yard hitch/curl patterns that go outside, I rarely see him get little 3 yard slants thrown to him, instead TJ Housh sees a lot of the passes in the middle of the field. TO on the other hand is asked to catch a lot of passes in between linebackers where most wides would get drilled after catching it. TO can use his size to run over smaller defenders or stay up against larger ones. And if the defender doesn't slow down Owens, TO can turn the corner and sprint for the endzone.

CJ has better hands, but he is not necessarily a better target. He is easily bumped by other defenders on his routes, throwing off the timing of his deep patterns. If TO had better hands he would be hands down the best wide. And with both of them being headcases, I'd rather have the big buff TO be angry and put to to play than a scrawnier CJ. The only other wide with strength and speed that I see who could potentially dominate the field like TO has or should have is Andre Johnson.

Highlight reel doesn't mean skill, just ask Brandon Lloyd :-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Couldn't agree more with JasonSeahorn (that feels funny to say) :-b .

Anyway, I still think that TO is a more complete WR. Granted, TO gets more chances than CJ because there is less WR talent on the team, but he has so much more than raw speed. If he had more consistent catching ability, then he wouldn't have anything besides his character as a knock against him. He is as near a complete package WR that is currently playing in the NFL as long as he keeps his act together.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:01 pm

I also have T.O. way ahead of CJ in real world talent. I used like to like CJ's act on and off the field but I have quickly grown tired of him over the past year or so. His whining at every turn has become quite annoying... He is provinghimself to be the cancer that many are portraying him to be.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Owens is 3 times the WR Chad Johnson is.

Chad Johnson gave reasonable responses to a stupid interviewer.

If I was being interviewed by that guy in place of CJ, I would have asked if this was his first interview. What kind of question is " What else would you like to tell us? " And with a big stupid grin on his face.... I'm surprised Chad kept his composure. Chad Johnson gives one of the best interviews in sports and this guy's best response was "Anything else". WTF kind of question is that. Go back to interviewer school. That big stupid grin made me feel sorry for ESPN and their declining sports reporting quality. Guy is trying to turn a sport network into a talk show... pathetic.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Popcynical » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:18 pm

That's it?
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pats4four » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Did anyone see the NFL Total Access a couple of days back when Henry was just released? Lance Briggs and TJ Housh were on the show and they phones up CJ to ask him about his views on Henry. This ultimately turned to talk about CJ's current antics and wanting to get paid. This is basically the gist of what he said:

Right now, this isn't CJ the football player, this is CJ the businessman. I love football and everyone knows that but right now I'm a businessman and I have to think about me. I have to think about what's best for myself and my family...

This was basically the theme of what he said. I sort of understand where he's coming from, a football player's career is short and whilst he's playing, he needs to earn enough to provide for his family for the next 50 years after football and although he loves the game, the league is also a business and sometimes as fans, we lose sight of that. I'm not saying the methods that CJ's using is correct but I understand what he's trying to achieve. Interestingly, Lance Briggs who went through something similar last season gave his full support to CJ.
Pats4four
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:Stick to football Chad.

Stick to hockey Canucks. ;-7 :-b ;-) :-/ (couldn't resist ;-) )

Chad is indeed an idiot. :-? :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Well the Canucks are done for the year, so I need something else to do. :-b

In retrospect, I think it was just a bad interview on the part of the interviewer. He asked such bad questions, and they were all over the place.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk