Let the Favre comeback talk begin... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Gee, who is shocked by these comments?

Know when it's time to hang them up, Brett. Sheesh.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby gersh71 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Does he really want to comeback? Or is his ego coming out.Maybe he wants to hear, Oh please Brett come play for us. Stick a fork in him-hes done. :-D
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 706
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Beautiful Buffalo

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:29 pm

This is ridiculous. I do appreciate how candid Favre is being. I mean, he said hey, if they were to call, it would be a really tough choice. However, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is done and realize that he can do that without saying that he is incapable of playing anymore. Every one of his comments seems to have something to the effect of "Hey, I can still play if I have to." It sounds like he is trying to prove something. Hang em up Favre.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:This is ridiculous. I do appreciate how candid Favre is being. I mean, he said hey, if they were to call, it would be a really tough choice. However, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is done and realize that he can do that without saying that he is incapable of playing anymore. Every one of his comments seems to have something to the effect of "Hey, I can still play if I have to." It sounds like he is trying to prove something. Hang em up Favre.


See thats the thing, I didn't/don't think he should "hang em up." He had a spectacular season last year and I see no reason why he couldn't duplicate it this year. HE decided to announce his retirement not the Packers or an injury so I have no problem with him changing his mind, at the same time I would have no problem with the Packers saying no thanks Brett we're already moving forward.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:This is ridiculous. I do appreciate how candid Favre is being. I mean, he said hey, if they were to call, it would be a really tough choice. However, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is done and realize that he can do that without saying that he is incapable of playing anymore. Every one of his comments seems to have something to the effect of "Hey, I can still play if I have to." It sounds like he is trying to prove something. Hang em up Favre.


See thats the thing, I didn't/don't think he should "hang em up." He had a spectacular season last year and I see no reason why he couldn't duplicate it this year. HE decided to announce his retirement not the Packers or an injury so I have no problem with him changing his mind, at the same time I would have no problem with the Packers saying no thanks Brett we're already moving forward.


See, I would have been fine with him not retiring too. I think that he could have had another great year as well. However, he made the decision to retire and I think if he makes that choice he shouldn't drag it out.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:21 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:This is ridiculous. I do appreciate how candid Favre is being. I mean, he said hey, if they were to call, it would be a really tough choice. However, he needs to come to grips with the fact that he is done and realize that he can do that without saying that he is incapable of playing anymore. Every one of his comments seems to have something to the effect of "Hey, I can still play if I have to." It sounds like he is trying to prove something. Hang em up Favre.


See thats the thing, I didn't/don't think he should "hang em up." He had a spectacular season last year and I see no reason why he couldn't duplicate it this year. HE decided to announce his retirement not the Packers or an injury so I have no problem with him changing his mind, at the same time I would have no problem with the Packers saying no thanks Brett we're already moving forward.


See, I would have been fine with him not retiring too. I think that he could have had another great year as well. However, he made the decision to retire and I think if he makes that choice he shouldn't drag it out.

For sure, Brett is looking kinda foolish 2nd guessing himself now, and will look even more foolish should he come out of retirement after an offseason. But if there's one thing we've learned from Brett through the years is he shoots from the hip rarely thinking things through and also he could care less if he does look foolish.

Another thing, the Packers are as much to blame for this situation as well. If the Packers want Brett to come back they should just ask and if they don't they should just squash it now and say they are moving forward without him.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Let the Favre comeback talk begin...

Postby Munboy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 am

I don't understand what the big deal is. He was asked questions, he answered them. If they needed him to play, he would consider it. It's not like he's saying he will be there in a heartbeat, and he's certainly not campaigning for a comeback.
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:39 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact