Jon Gruden on Kris Jenkins... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Jon Gruden on Kris Jenkins...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jon Gruden on Kris Jenkins...

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 am

It seems that offensive mastermind Jon Gruden celebrated the departure of culture-vulture and lane-clogging beast Kris Jenkins’ from his division when Carolina traded him to the Jets February 29 for their 3rd and 5th picks.

“I did a celebrating drive down Dale Mabry (Highway),” said Gruden, referring to the road that fronts the Buccaneers’ Raymond James Stadium.

“I gave (Jets) coach Eric Mangini the biggest hug I’ve ever given a coach and told him, `Good God, do we appreciate you taking that guy out of our division,” Gruden said at a media breakfast with NFC coaches at the NFL owner’s meetings this week.

If Jon Gruden was celebrating, let’s hope that Bill Belichick was even more sour than usual …

I do think that Jenkins has a lot to learn this offseason, but if you’ll remember, Mangini did use the one-gapping ‘Blitzburgh’ variety more than his former boss ever did, so I think the transition for Jenkins might be easier than people think.

I hope he's finally the answer for our run defense. If he can clog up the middle and let Harris make plays we will be in good shape this year defensively.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jon Gruden on Kris Jenkins...

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:47 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
It seems that offensive mastermind Jon Gruden celebrated the departure of culture-vulture and lane-clogging beast Kris Jenkins’ from his division when Carolina traded him to the Jets February 29 for their 3rd and 5th picks.

“I did a celebrating drive down Dale Mabry (Highway),” said Gruden, referring to the road that fronts the Buccaneers’ Raymond James Stadium.

“I gave (Jets) coach Eric Mangini the biggest hug I’ve ever given a coach and told him, `Good God, do we appreciate you taking that guy out of our division,” Gruden said at a media breakfast with NFC coaches at the NFL owner’s meetings this week.

If Jon Gruden was celebrating, let’s hope that Bill Belichick was even more sour than usual …

I do think that Jenkins has a lot to learn this offseason, but if you’ll remember, Mangini did use the one-gapping ‘Blitzburgh’ variety more than his former boss ever did, so I think the transition for Jenkins might be easier than people think.

I hope he's finally the answer for our run defense. If he can clog up the middle and let Harris make plays we will be in good shape this year defensively.

You & me both! :-o

Our run defense was like a sieve last year. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New York Jets