Browns the surprise team of 08 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cleveland Browns

Browns the surprise team of 08

Moderator: Football Moderators

Browns the surprise team of 08

Postby Venom » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:59 pm

I don't think my pick is going to be much of a surprise, because of the MAJOR turnaround last year.

Last year the Browns made a splash in the draft getting Joe Thomas and trading to still be able to acquire Quinn. Had they known Anderson was going to pull his head out of where it was, I don't know if the same moves would have been made. Nonetheless, they now have the "franchise" QB they wanted, and a strong arm in Anderson so Quinn can learn without the pressure of producing.

They go 10-6 last year, after a horrible 4-12 the season before.

This year they make a splash in the FA market, keeping all the pieces they had last year, and adding much needed FA talent, including Donte Stallworth. Braylon Edwards, Stallworth, Jurevicious, Winslow...one of the if not the best recieving squad in the league. Jamal Lewis still has some gas in the tank, and the incredible talent at wideout keeps him from being the center of the defensive attention.

One more nice thing the Browns have is Josh Cribbs, who at any given moment can throw 6 points on the board while the offense is still watching from the sidelines.

Anything less than the top of the AFC North is a dissapointment.

"2008 Predictions"
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cleveland Browns