The 2008 Husker Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The 2008 Husker Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The 2008 Husker Thread

Postby VaderFin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:35 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:You guys look as crappy again as Miami does.

Are you sure you want to insult the Canes to that degree?

The truth hurts.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:00 pm

Nebraska's gotta be having trouble sitting down today...
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:00 am

bigh0rt wrote:Nebraska's gotta be having trouble sitting down today...

Dadly, they're probably kind of used to it by now. See: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007...
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:59 am

Lawrence Phillips will be in prison for the next 8 years.

LOS ANGELES -- Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison, two years after he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon.

story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3624420

I still have nightmares of him and Tommy Frasier running all over the Gators in 1995.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:15 pm

LOS ANGELES -- Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison, two years after he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon.

Good. Can we FINALLY stop with the Lawrence Phillips references? The guy hasn't played at Nebraska in 11 years, but every time the idiot does something stupid, Nebraska gets brought up in connection with him. Not the Rams, not the 49ers, Nebraska.

We don't claim this guy. He's not ours. He's an idiot and a criminal and he's getting what he deserves. I've been done with him for years and years.

Enough already. :-P
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote: Lastly, let me be the first (that I know of) to start the "Fire Watson" committee. If things show no signs of getting better I dont know how Pelini brings him back considering he can pay someone else a lot less and get these results. I wonder how happy all of the people associated with the Alabama program are that he stayed at NU. I wonder if Cody Green can be the next Tommy Frazier (here's hoping).

I'll be the second offical member. Our offense was downright horrible. Not as bad as our team tackling but damn close. How does a divison 1 football team not know how to wrap up and drive through ball carriers? Ever notice how we never EVER drive back ballcarriers? They are always falling forward? Seems like we get run into instead of tackling our opponents. I thought Bo would at least be able to correct our fundamental defensive errors from last year.

On another note:
"Nebraska was definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've played," Daniel said after the game. "You've got to settle it on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

I respect Chase Daniel as a QB and football player i just would really like it if he could keep his trap shut. Especially AFTER the fact. Classic Missouri. Don't worry Mizzou... you'll be back to sucking soon enough once Daniel leaves.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:32 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:On another note:
"Nebraska was definitely one of the dirtiest teams I've played," Daniel said after the game. "You've got to settle it on the field, and I think we more than did that tonight."

I respect Chase Daniel as a QB and football player i just would really like it if he could keep his trap shut. Especially AFTER the fact. Classic Missouri. Don't worry Mizzou... you'll be back to sucking soon enough once Daniel leaves.

That's not the worst of Daniel's post-game quotes. I hesitate to even bring this up, but he volunteered (as in, nobody asked him about it, but he felt the need to announce it anyway) that a Husker player spit on him in pre-game warmups. Nevermind the fact that the teams were 10 yards apart during pregame (which would mean a world record spit by distance) and the fact that visitors warm up in the South endzone and there was a 25+mph wind blowing the alleged spit away, AND the fact that there was no reaction, complaint or any such uproar pre-game at the time of the alleged spit.

The dude has no class. He ripped into Nebraska last year when they trounced us, and he did it again this year. 30 years of dominance against a program can tend to make them bitter towards you, but then again, I don't recall any Kansas players acting that way last year. ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsaddict » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:28 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I respect Chase Daniel as a QB and football player i just would really like it if he could keep his trap shut. Especially AFTER the fact. Classic Missouri. Don't worry Mizzou... you'll be back to sucking soon enough once Daniel leaves.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy watching the supposed "classiest fans in America" leave Memorial Stadium in the third quarter as the Huskers quickly fall deeper into college football irrelevancy.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

-Joe Theismann (pronounced theese-MAN, not rhyming with Heisman)
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:50 am

sportsaddict wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I respect Chase Daniel as a QB and football player i just would really like it if he could keep his trap shut. Especially AFTER the fact. Classic Missouri. Don't worry Mizzou... you'll be back to sucking soon enough once Daniel leaves.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy watching the supposed "classiest fans in America" leave Memorial Stadium in the third quarter as the Huskers quickly fall deeper into college football irrelevancy.

Excuse me? First off, who ever said we were "the classiest fans in America?"

Second, that standing ovation you got from Husker fans as you left the field after humiliating our team - that counts for nothing, huh?

Geez. Lecture us about "class" while showing none of your own. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:46 pm

In the last seven years, 63 of the 65 BCS conference teams have beaten a top 20 team. Duke is one of those teams. The other? ...well I am posting this in the Nebraska thread... Interesting statistic though, I would've never guessed Nebraska.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football