Cry Engine 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Cry Engine 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cry Engine 2

Postby Pleathe5th » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Have you guys seen Cry Engine 2?

I guess it is the new graphics system they are planning on using in upcoming video games.

I can find it for some reason but i found a video where they used it to re create a commercial, and played there recreation next to the real life version of it.

I'm going to see if i can't find it, because it is really cool
Currently trying to re-teach myself sig-making so i will take a request here and there.
Pleathe5th
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cry Engine 2

Postby Pleathe5th » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Currently trying to re-teach myself sig-making so i will take a request here and there.
Pleathe5th
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bagobonez » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:02 pm

Crazy. I couldn't tell which was real and which was the CryEngine in a lot of them. Does this mean I'll have to talk my wife into letting me upgrade my computer again? UGH....
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pleathe5th » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:27 pm

bagobonez wrote:Crazy. I couldn't tell which was real and which was the CryEngine in a lot of them. Does this mean I'll have to talk my wife into letting me upgrade my computer again? UGH....

Heh, yeah i would say so, but i dont think it is going to be a very cheap process, lol. I guess there is a game out now that runs a similar system, and in order to run it on it's highest graphic setting you need several top of the line graphic cards, and you need to link two top of the line computers together. I'm not much of a computer guy so i could not tell you the exact names or anything, but from what i can gather ... it's a lot of money, lol.
Pleathe5th
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bagobonez » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 pm

Pleathe5th wrote:
bagobonez wrote:Crazy. I couldn't tell which was real and which was the CryEngine in a lot of them. Does this mean I'll have to talk my wife into letting me upgrade my computer again? UGH....

Heh, yeah i would say so, but i dont think it is going to be a very cheap process, lol. I guess there is a game out now that runs a similar system, and in order to run it on it's highest graphic setting you need several top of the line graphic cards, and you need to link two top of the line computers together. I'm not much of a computer guy so i could not tell you the exact names or anything, but from what i can gather ... it's a lot of money, lol.

Well that's actually good. Game producers won't start using engines that consumers can't afford, at least just yet.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SniperShot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:31 pm

Whats up with the bouncing balls, that was just lame. I was expecting something a little more exotic! Still nice though. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:48 pm

That ad was for a Bravia television.

Those were all actually real balls, they dumped thousands of them down a street...

It was supposed to show clarity or something, I forget. I'm assuming the game engine used it to show that it has alot of detail.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SniperShot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:06 pm

Oh. I just heard Cry Engine 2- so I expecting to see things blowing up and real stuff blowing up along side it... Cuz you know, I'm a blowing stuff up kind of guy. When I see bouncing balls down a street I was, disappointed to say the least.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:19 pm

I thought maybe it was a romance novel generator.

But yeah, it would have been nice to see atleast a car explode.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:11 pm

Was it just me or did the "balls" not look realistic? They didn't even look round in a lot of the shots and they had odd shapes coming off of them. :-? :-? The people and cars seemed to be good, but I would have much rather seen a street scene with people walking around or a race scene or something.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Video Games