8 teens charged with beating down 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

8 teens charged with beating down 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

8 teens charged with beating down 1

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:07 pm

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Basically, 6 girls and 2 boys (all under 18) in FL get another girl who they dont like to come to one of their grandparents house and proceed to beat the crap out of her, knocking her unconscious at one point.

here it is on the news (I had a better one but cant find it now)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-YDgAG6 ... re=related

One of them reportedly asked an officer if they'd be out of trouble by their next cheerleading thing. Enjoy the slammer white trash.
Last edited by FantasyMan13 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 8 teens charged with beating down 1

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:12 pm

Yeah I saw this.

I'm going to be honest with you, I'm coming up blank. Can't think of anything that isn't terribly offensive.

Erm...The parents apparently are blaming the internet. The father is quoted as saying "My-Space is the anti-christ for teenagers"

I say the anti-christ for teenagers is peer pressure.

Stay above the influence, stay safe.

"Oh ya, she just sits there now. She used to be really active, but ever since she tried to get a video on youtube she justs sits there. It's sad really."
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm pretty sure that link isn't kosher for the Cafe. It's pretty sick.

That being said, I hope they throw these kids in jail and toss the key. Throw their parents in too, while they're at it. I fail to grasp how one human being can so devalue another in their mind to the point where this kind of action is OK. Unreal. :-t :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby wake » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:17 pm

I always wonder what makes these people think that it's a good idea to put their criminal acts on the internet. That one girl in the pink pants might've still gotten in trouble without the video, but her punishment is going to be a lot worse with evidence of that kind of attack.
wake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:33 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm pretty sure that link isn't kosher for the Cafe. It's pretty sick.

The language and the actual hits were both edited out for the most part. I don't see an issue.

The defense lawyer they interviewed in the second link is the exact reason defense lawyers have such a bad name. People screw up, people are wrongly accused of crimes, etc, and those people need good defense lawyers, I get that and know all defense lawyers are not scum. But this lady saying this should be a misdemeanor? Toss her worthless hide in jail to rot with those kids. :-t There is zero defense for knocking the girl unconscious, kidnapping her, and repeatedly beating her silly. None. Zero. They knew exactly what they were doing, so try them all as adults and hit them with the maximum penalty possible. :-t

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:36 pm

I took down the actual video...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Venom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:38 pm

Unreal.

I am without words, and that doesn't happen very often.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby josebach » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:02 am

So toss the kid's parents and their lawyer in jail. Yeah, that's rational. ;-7 :-b

In the clip I saw, only two girls hit her. Was it all 8 actually beating her... including the boys?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:54 am

I don't know if the other kids hit her or not. They were involved as accomplices at the very least, though. Accessory to battery is pretty serious, as is kidnapping (not letting the girl leave) and accessory to kidnapping.

I do see holding the parents accountable as rational. Something has to teach parents that kids are their responsibility, even at this age. There is no way anyone I grew up with would ever consider such a thing as this, nor would any of the kids whose parents I'm friends with now, either. It's a matter of responsible parenting, instructing your children from an early age that this kind of thing should be unthinkable. There is a responsibility in raising children. If they won't take that responsibility, then the law will force it on them.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 am

knapplc wrote:I don't know if the other kids hit her or not. They were involved as accomplices at the very least, though. Accessory to battery is pretty serious, as is kidnapping (not letting the girl leave) and accessory to kidnapping.

I do see holding the parents accountable as rational. Something has to teach parents that kids are their responsibility, even at this age. There is no way anyone I grew up with would ever consider such a thing as this, nor would any of the kids whose parents I'm friends with now, either. It's a matter of responsible parenting, instructing your children from an early age that this kind of thing should be unthinkable. There is a responsibility in raising children. If they won't take that responsibility, then the law will force it on them.

I guarantee you that out of all 8 of those kids that at least one or two of them have good parents. I had great parents and I still did stupid things as a kid. Granted, I never ganged up on someone and beat the crap out of them, but I did other things that warranted me being arrested... and it wasn't my parent's fault. It's mob mentality or as Canucks said, it's peer pressure. If you're a 14 year old kid and you sat there watching 3 or 4 older kids beat the crap out of someone, what would you do? Call the cops? Try to physically stop them and risk getting beat up yourself? How is it the parent's fault that some of these kids (who were probably scared) didn't act?

The older kids and the ones doing the beating should absolutely have the book thrown at them, but arresting the parents and putting them in jail is absurd, IMO.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk