8 teens charged with beating down 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

8 teens charged with beating down 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 8 teens charged with beating down 1

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:28 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:They will all be charged as adults...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,349709,00.html

I think that's a good thing. It's incredibly callous to watch that happen and be a part of that without stepping in to stop it or say anything.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Metroid wrote: did you even read my response to this? here it is in case you missed it. :-?

Yes I did, but I took it as baiting, and I wasn't going to take the bait. :-?

Edit: I took your reply to my first post as baiting, wasn't referring to your followup to Knapp there, altho since I considered your first one as baiting I didn't see the reason to follow up with your followup. We obviously have very differnt opinions.
Last edited by scottaa1 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:32 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:I completely agree. Myspace in itself isn't a bad thing. The stuff that is going on there has just opened the door to problems. This is the reason that if I had a daughter they wouldn't have a MySpace account. Too much crap that goes on. Is it the fault of MySpace? Not at all. And most likely this stuff would go on somewhere else if MySpace didn't exist.

I agree with everything you said and just like I wouldn't want my underage on Myspace I also wouldn't want my underage son watching sporting events that are geared toward adults like...uhh...oh....I dunno....UFC!!! :wink wink scott: :-D

There's some more bait! :-B :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:I completely agree. Myspace in itself isn't a bad thing. The stuff that is going on there has just opened the door to problems. This is the reason that if I had a daughter they wouldn't have a MySpace account. Too much crap that goes on. Is it the fault of MySpace? Not at all. And most likely this stuff would go on somewhere else if MySpace didn't exist.

I agree with everything you said and just like I wouldn't want my underage on Myspace I also wouldn't want my underage son watching sporting events that are geared toward adults like...uhh...oh....I dunno....UFC!!! :wink wink scott: :-D

There's some more bait! :-B :-b

That's actually a nice analogy. I would agree on both accounts. I wouldn't mind my underage son watching some boxing or UFC on occasion, but too much can definitely be a bad buildup of testosterone too early. :-b ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:03 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You will rarely, and I mean rarely see me overtly cheer for the trouble of others, but these kids earned their trouble so, soooo-o-o-o much that I just can't help myself.

Like Madison said, I hope they throw the book at them. Only thing is, I hope they use the biggest freakin' book they can find. Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:13 pm

Madison wrote:
The defense lawyer they interviewed in the second link is the exact reason defense lawyers have such a bad name. People screw up, people are wrongly accused of crimes, etc, and those people need good defense lawyers, I get that and know all defense lawyers are not scum. But this lady saying this should be a misdemeanor? Toss her worthless hide in jail to rot with those kids. :-t There is zero defense for knocking the girl unconscious, kidnapping her, and repeatedly beating her silly. None. Zero. They knew exactly what they were doing, so try them all as adults and hit them with the maximum penalty possible. :-t

It's like the old saying goes, it's 98% of the lawyers that give the rest of them a bad name!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 pm

knapplc wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! You will rarely, and I mean rarely see me overtly cheer for the trouble of others, but these kids earned their trouble so, soooo-o-o-o much that I just can't help myself.

Like Madison said, I hope they throw the book at them. Only thing is, I hope they use the biggest freakin' book they can find. Image

Much deserved and I must say that I am surprised to see this happen. It's pretty rare these days it seems. I would love to see the look on the face of that lady on O'Reilly now. :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:23 pm

knapplc wrote:

I hope it's a book with really sharp edges. Those hurt dontcha know.

Or maybe a book made of steel.

Or a really big book, like you hoped for.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Have we ever heard of anything good coming out of MySpace?

What.....most of my friends and I have Myspace accounts...we haven't beat the crap out of anyone. :-?

Just seems there are stories coming out every day about bad things coming out of MySpace. Doesn't mean MySpace is necessarily bad, but it does offer an opportunity for it. I'm not suggesting that I want MySpace gone or anything, but my opinion of it is very low, beginning with the whole narcissistic idea behind it. You have so many parents who don't take the time, don't think it's important, or think it's intrusion if they monitor their child's behavior. Mix in this fake world of MySpace and it spells disaster for so many kids out there. Think about how many stories we don't hear about. That scares the crap out of me. Not for my kid because I'm as "intrusive" as a parent can be, but for all those kids whose parents don't think there's a danger out there. I don't have an answer. I don't know what, if anything, can be done. But, for me, it's almost like "MySpace" is a bad word. I nearly shudder at the very mention of it. I understand for the uses you have, and probably most others have, for it, it's harmless and fun. But it's obviously devastating for a select few and that's what we seem to hear about.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:Have we ever heard of anything good coming out of MySpace?

What.....most of my friends and I have Myspace accounts...we haven't beat the crap out of anyone. :-?

Just seems there are stories coming out every day about bad things coming out of MySpace. Doesn't mean MySpace is necessarily bad, but it does offer an opportunity for it. I'm not suggesting that I want MySpace gone or anything, but my opinion of it is very low, beginning with the whole narcissistic idea behind it. You have so many parents who don't take the time, don't think it's important, or think it's intrusion if they monitor their child's behavior. Mix in this fake world of MySpace and it spells disaster for so many kids out there. Think about how many stories we don't hear about. That scares the crap out of me. Not for my kid because I'm as "intrusive" as a parent can be, but for all those kids whose parents don't think there's a danger out there. I don't have an answer. I don't know what, if anything, can be done. But, for me, it's almost like "MySpace" is a bad word. I nearly shudder at the very mention of it. I understand for the uses you have, and probably most others have, for it, it's harmless and fun. But it's obviously devastating for a select few and that's what we seem to hear about.

That totally makes sense to me and I agree wholeheartedly. Really Myspace and like sites should be for adults only. If there is going to be a site like myspace for underage kids it needs to be heavily moderated....actually much like the Cafe. :-?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk