8 teens charged with beating down 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

8 teens charged with beating down 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 8 teens charged with beating down 1

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Well Myspace is mostly made up of 14 year old girls and emos. If they got rid of the under 18 crowd they would lose alot of advertising revenue. That will never happen.

It isn't the internet's fault, it's the parents fault for not blocking these sites. If the parents "leave the gate upon" persay, of course the children are going to walk right over to the other side.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:55 pm

Metroid wrote:That totally makes sense to me and I agree wholeheartedly. Really Myspace and like sites should be for adults only. If there is going to be a site like myspace for underage kids it needs to be heavily moderated....actually much like the Cafe. :-?

I nominate Knapp and ORS to run MySpace! They'll whip that place into shape in no time flat. And do the world alot of good in the process, probably.

Raff and Boozie should run YouTube. He11, I'd pay a subscription fee to see what those two came up with. In fact, if they ran it, I bet it'd be AdultCheck and pay-only service. I'd pay.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:58 pm

DARDENNE PRAIRIE, Mo. — Megan Meier thought she had made a new friend in cyberspace when a cute teenage boy named Josh contacted her on MySpace and began exchanging messages with her. Megan, a 13-year-old who suffered from depression and attention deficit disorder, corresponded with Josh for more than a month before he abruptly ended their friendship, telling her he had heard she was cruel.

The next day Megan committed suicide. Her family learned later that Josh never actually existed; he was created by members of a neighborhood family that included a former friend of Megan's...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312018,00.html

I'm sure most of you have seen it already, but it just shows you what type of affect Myspace can have on a young impressionable kid.
Last edited by Canucks_Fantasy on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah there was a whole thread devoted to that story. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:05 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I nominate Knapp and ORS to run MySpace! They'll whip that place into shape in no time flat. And do the world alot of good in the process, probably.

We'd quickly be the two most unpopular people on the planet. :-D !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:I nominate Knapp and ORS to run MySpace! They'll whip that place into shape in no time flat. And do the world alot of good in the process, probably.

Yeah I was about to say if you ran myspace there would be no myspace....then me and all my friends would hate you. :-b
Metroid

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah I was about to say if you ran myspace there would be no myspace....then me and all my friends would hate you. :-b

Poor guys would have to use Facebook. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
DARDENNE PRAIRIE, Mo. — Megan Meier thought she had made a new friend in cyberspace when a cute teenage boy named Josh contacted her on MySpace and began exchanging messages with her. Megan, a 13-year-old who suffered from depression and attention deficit disorder, corresponded with Josh for more than a month before he abruptly ended their friendship, telling her he had heard she was cruel.

The next day Megan committed suicide. Her family learned later that Josh never actually existed; he was created by members of a neighborhood family that included a former friend of Megan's...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312018,00.html

I'm sure most of you have seen it already, but it just shows you what type of affect Myspace can have on a young impressionable kid.

Very sad, but IMO its a cold hard fact of the internet age. Even if Myspace stopped letting the under 18 crowd on, kids would still find a way around it (which wouldnt be very hard most likely) and get on. I just see nothing that can be done without breaking laws...

This does really scare me for my relatives and immediate family though. Seems like kids now are growing up way to fast.. :-S :-?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:17 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Poor guys would have to use Facebook. :-b

Nah I'd just use Tribe ;-)
Metroid

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:53 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah I was about to say if you ran myspace there would be no myspace....then me and all my friends would hate you. :-b

Poor guys would have to use Facebook. :-b

But then Metroid would lose all contact with his precious emos.

When I saw that tribe website based in San Fran I thought maybe it was going to be an online gay community. I was dissapointed. :~(
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk