8 teens charged with beating down 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

8 teens charged with beating down 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 8 teens charged with beating down 1

Postby Metroid » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah I was about to say if you ran myspace there would be no myspace....then me and all my friends would hate you. :-b

Poor guys would have to use Facebook. :-b

But then Metroid would lose all contact with his precious emos.

When I saw that tribe website based in San Fran I thought maybe it was going to be an online gay community. I was dissapointed. :~(

I'm sure you were. :-b

Actually I haven't really checked out Tribe that much but it seems pretty cool. My lady Shannon is all about though, it's neat because you can do searches for different types things that interest you, whether it be sports, art, cooking, types of music or whatever and join those particular "tribes." Shannon is a member of a healthy cooking tribe, a pit bull tribe, a fire dancing tribe, and a burning man tribe among others.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:They will all be charged as adults...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,349709,00.html

Awesome. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:48 am

Metroid wrote:
Actually I haven't really checked out Tribe that much but it seems pretty cool. My lady Shannon is all about though, it's neat because you can do searches for different types things that interest you, whether it be sports, art, cooking, types of music or whatever and join those particular "tribes." Shannon is a member of a healthy cooking tribe, a pit bull tribe, a fire dancing tribe, and a burning man tribe among others.

I saw 2-3 mentions of BM on the front page and just assumed that was probably why you knew about the place. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:54 am

That's some nice mug shots of them.

<-- I don't think their hearts were in it.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby knapplc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:51 am

As if Dr. Phil couldn't get any lower, now he's actually bailed one of these twits out of jail so they would appear on his show.

Ya gotta be kidding me.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:06 am

knapplc wrote:As if Dr. Phil couldn't get any lower, now he's actually bailed one of these twits out of jail so they would appear on his show.

Ya gotta be kidding me.

Did you read the article?

"We have helped guests and potential guests in the past when they need financial assistance to come on the show -- assisting with clothing allowance, lost wages, accommodations, travel and necessities," Corigliano wrote. "In this case, certain staff members went beyond our guidelines (re the bail being paid). These staff members have been spoken to and our policies reiterated. In addition, we have decided not to go forward with the story as our guidelines have been compromised."

They aren't doing the show and they at least say they reprimanded the people who posted the bail. I think that they handled the situation very well in not going through with it. Somebody did really screw up though in doing this.

Meanwhile, some families of the six girls and two boys accused in the videotaped beating have received death threats from across the country after their addresses and phone numbers were posted on the Internet, inside a YouTube video.

The YouTube video called for the public to take action, saying, "let your voices be heard."

The video then posts the girl's names, their phone numbers, addresses and other information.

That's just wrong. Let the justice take its course. No reason to post their private information on the internet. Sure, it is sort of the classic eye for an eye, let the public do to them what they did to her, but that's not how the county is run. Leave it to the proper course of action.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:28 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
knapplc wrote:As if Dr. Phil couldn't get any lower, now he's actually bailed one of these twits out of jail so they would appear on his show.

Ya gotta be kidding me.

"We have helped guests and potential guests in the past when they need financial assistance to come on the show -- assisting with clothing allowance, lost wages, accommodations, travel and necessities," Corigliano wrote. "In this case, certain staff members went beyond our guidelines (re the bail being paid). These staff members have been spoken to and our policies reiterated. In addition, we have decided not to go forward with the story as our guidelines have been compromised."

They aren't doing the show and they at least say they reprimanded the people who posted the bail. I think that they handled the situation very well in not going through with it. Somebody did really screw up though in doing this.

:-?

The fault is in that they did this in the first place. What does it matter that after the fact they decided not to put them on the show? This was still done as a ratings stunt, the only difference is that they caught hell for doing it before they actually put these people on the air.

I don't care what they're saying now to CYA. They still bailed this person out.

So yeah, I read the article.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:47 pm

knapplc wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Ya gotta be kidding me.

:-?

The fault is in that they did this in the first place. What does it matter that after the fact they decided not to put them on the show? This was still done as a ratings stunt, the only difference is that they caught hell for doing it before they actually put these people on the air.

I don't care what they're saying now to CYA. They still bailed this person out.

So yeah, I read the article.

I got the idea from the article that it wasn't something that Dr. Phil did, but something an ambitious staff member was out of line in doing. I guess I could be guilty of being gullible too though. I just got the gist from your post that you thought he was still going on with the show. :-/
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Glad to see they are getting charged.

The best option is not to fight at all but when you have to do it 1 on 1. If you can't beat someone down by yourself and need the assistance of others then you are a wuss and should refrain from fighiting all together.

They are gonna learn the hard way because the word is out.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Update -- Charges against 3 of them were dropped
[url]
http://www.wesh.com/news/16602778/detail.html[/url]

The girl flipped on everyone and will testify. The guys were look outs and there is no evidence to do anything to them
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk