The NEW Cafe Member Photo Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The NEW Cafe Member Photo Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The NEW Cafe Member Photo Thread

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:54 pm

I like your shirt/tie combo, DDD. Watch out! There are two caterpillars crawling on your forehead! ;-) :-B

Srsly though, you have a lovely wife and look like a fun guy to have a few beers with.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:56 pm

Wow, cute couple. Very nice pic DDD! ;-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Ok, I'm apparently the only one who doesn't know who the guy in the second Knapp picture is. :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Ok, I'm apparently the only one who doesn't know who the guy in the second Knapp picture is. :-B

That's Vanderjagt. I thought he bore a slight resemblance to knappster's original pic. :-)
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:35 pm

If I lost 100 lbs, maybe. I went to the Football 101 thing at Nebraska yesterday. It's a fundraiser for breast cancer research put on by the Husker coaching staff. I was in amongst the O-linemen at one point, and I was actually bigger than some of those guys (although some dwarfed me, too). So I probably look like what Vanderjagt would look like if he ate steak every meal for a year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks for the love, fellas. I'd love to have a few beers with you, too! Cool thing about that picture, I met boyhood idol and former Colts quarterback Jim Harbaugh minutes before that photo was snapped. I guess you could say I was in a great mood! :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:03 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Thanks for the love, fellas. I'd love to have a few beers with you, too! Cool thing about that picture, I met boyhood idol and former Colts quarterback Jim Harbaugh minutes before that photo was snapped. I guess you could say I was in a great mood! :-D

I'll always like Harbaugh if for nothing more than he slugged Jim Kelly in the face. :-D

Remember the Harbaugh-day 'Let 'er Rip' from Mora? And then the subsequent "Let'r RIP" after he was gone and before our Golden Boy started to shine. I remember that hail-mary Harbaugh threw in the AFC Championship game in ... 95? For a moment I and all my guests thought the Colts were going to the Super Bowl that year. Alas... we waited 11 years. :-D
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:29 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Thanks for the love, fellas. I'd love to have a few beers with you, too! Cool thing about that picture, I met boyhood idol and former Colts quarterback Jim Harbaugh minutes before that photo was snapped. I guess you could say I was in a great mood! :-D

I'll always like Harbaugh if for nothing more than he slugged Jim Kelly in the face. :-D

Remember the Harbaugh-day 'Let 'er Rip' from Mora? And then the subsequent "Let'r RIP" after he was gone and before our Golden Boy started to shine. I remember that hail-mary Harbaugh threw in the AFC Championship game in ... 95? For a moment I and all my guests thought the Colts were going to the Super Bowl that year. Alas... we waited 11 years. :-D

I'll never forget the AFC Title Game from 1995. Christ, talk about being massive Cinderella underdogs. We beat San Diego and Kansas City in two of the toughest road stadiums on the planet only to come one toss from going to the Super Bowl. I still remember wide receiver Aaron Bailey nearly haul in the hail mary pass thrown by Harbaugh from his own 40 yard line. It's still the only time I've ever cried after a Colts loss. Teddy Marchibroda had one of the best "mediocre" teams on the planet and turned them into contenders in one season under Harbaugh. For that, I'll always have a fondness for the members of that magical 1995 team. ;-D

As for meeting Jim Harbaugh, it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I was walking into the Stanford Park Hotel with my wife, on our way to a friend's wedding. I noticed the Stanford football team's busses were parked in front of the hotel and thought I might get to see Harbaugh walking around. As we entered the foyer of the hotel, there was Harbaugh sitting in a chair by himself. I figured it was now or never. I walked right up to him, without hesitation, and introduced myself. He got up from his chair and began conversing with me for several minutes, all the while shaking my hand and acting about as nice and any person I've ever met. Nothing is quite as cool as being able to meet your boyhood idol only to discover he's as nice a person as you hoped he would be. Guy is a real class act and will always be my first favorite Colts player from my youth. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Good story, 3D!
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:32 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I like your shirt/tie combo, DDD. Watch out! There are two caterpillars crawling on your forehead! ;-) :-B

Srsly though, you have a lovely wife and look like a fun guy to have a few beers with.

Don't ya mean fungi??? ;-7 ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk