Schedule - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Schedule

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schedule

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Thoughts on the schedule?

Not too tough to open, not too tough to close. Our tougher matchups are in the middle. Love having Dallas on Thanksgiving! ;-D

Two Sunday nighters, but no MNF???

Me likey overall, but not too crazy about how we travel over the last 5 games. :-C

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Schedule

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 pm

I wouldn't count on a W in the opener at Buffalo. We all know how well Seattle plays while in the east coast. Holmgren, IMO, has done a horrible job getting this team ready for the regualr season, so I fully expect to lose in Buffalo, 2 easy home games then a week 4 bye. I hate early season byes, then we return and go to NY to face the Giants. So 2-2 after first 4 games. Maybe we'll have a repeat of '05 and will the next 11 games. ;-7
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:33 pm

My, aren't we pessimistic!? :^ :-b

I think we start 3-0. Now, those NFC East teams might pose a little trouble. Maybe we take out the Giants, maybe not. But I see us better than 2-2, that's for sure.

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm not in love with this schedule. I would have liked to see the Redskins, Cowboys, and Patriots broken up a bit more and for us to not have to travel back and forth the last 5 games of the year. It would have been even nicer if one of those "tough" teams were at the end of the season when we likely have things wrapped up and don't need to get our starters pummeled for 4 quarters.

Anyway, I think we're looking at...

@ BUF - (W) I agree with SeaWolf here that we start the season poorly, but I have a good feeling about this one. I think we match up ok with the Bills and traveling at the beginning of the season shouldn't be as bad as during the season.
SF - (W) Season opening home game, 'nuff said.
STL - (W) Home game so we should win, although I think the Rams are going to be tough this year and we'll split this year. No Josh Brown to beat them at the last second in St. Louis.
@ NYG - (L) Traveling across the US, even after a BYE week (Giants have their BYE week in week 4 too), will be tough to overcome
GB - (W) I think Rodgers is going to get eaten up for a season
@ TB - (L) We might have a tough time with TB, a team coming into their own. I just hope Gruden decides to f#$@ it up for them.
@ SF - (W) We should still be able to pound these morons.
PHI - (L) I think this is our "tough loss" of the year, where we should have beaten them but something "strange" happens a la the Shaun Alexander fumble from last year.
@ MIA - (W) They are still two years away from being competitive
ARI - (W) I'm calling the win if Leinart is still QB this late in the season and it could be a L if Warner is in there.
WAS - (W) I think we beat these guys any time they come into our town thanks for Mike Sellers.
@ DAL - (L) The media will hype up the rematch from the 2006 playoff game, but Romo will pull it off
NE - (L) As much as I would like to win this one, I don't think we're of the same caliber as NE and we likely just had two tough games
@ STL - (L) The aftermath of playing 3 tough games in a row, and against a team that is better than their 2007 record.
NYJ - (W) We pull it back together at home against a team that has to come across the entire nation to get beat
@ ARI - (W) We need to have our starters in for this one as the division championship relies on a W (STL loses @ ARI for the tiebreaker against us). We beat them, but at the cost of having nobody rested.

I think that turns in a 10-6 season and a first round home game, which the crowd is pumped for and we win. We lose in the second round as we suck away during the playoffs.

The *maybe we can win it all* factor comes in play if the Julius Jones gamble pays off and he plays better for us than he did in Dallas. There is also the possibility that we pull off the TB game as well as the second STL game. Then we might even have a second playoff game at home and that is good news for us. But I think we're running out of chances to take it all here...maybe everyone pulls it together for Holmgren's last year.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:05 am

I agree with bijo except we lose at Buffalo and finish 9-7. I do think the Rams are much improved this year and baring an injury to Bulger or SJax could finish better than 9-7 and win the division. The question is will 9-7 be enough to get a wild card spot in the NFC, probably not.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:06 am

We actually should win every game; get home field advantage through the playoffs; kindly ask Microsoft to match the fee it takes to buy honest refs; and win Superbowl XLIII to be the first ever team to go 19-0.

In my perfect world, we should do just that. :-B Additionally, I win a trip to the Big Dance and share a suite with my closest friends, family, and Cafe homies.

In a real world only slightly tainted by Seahawk homerism, we...

- sweep our division,
- split the NFC East,
- fall only to the Pats in the AFC east,
- lose in NYG and win vs GB.

12-4 still may get us home field advantage, so we better start lobbying Microsoft now. ;-7 :-b

Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Seattle Seahawks