I'm not in love with this schedule. I would have liked to see the Redskins, Cowboys, and Patriots broken up a bit more and for us to not have to travel back and forth the last 5 games of the year. It would have been even nicer if one of those "tough" teams were at the end of the season when we likely have things wrapped up and don't need to get our starters pummeled for 4 quarters.
Anyway, I think we're looking at...@ BUF
- (W) I agree with SeaWolf here that we start the season poorly, but I have a good feeling about this one. I think we match up ok with the Bills and traveling at the beginning of the season shouldn't be as bad as during the season.SF
- (W) Season opening home game, 'nuff said.STL
- (W) Home game so we should win, although I think the Rams are going to be tough this year and we'll split this year. No Josh Brown to beat them at the last second in St. Louis.@ NYG
- (L) Traveling across the US, even after a BYE week (Giants have their BYE week in week 4 too), will be tough to overcomeGB
- (W) I think Rodgers is going to get eaten up for a season@ TB
- (L) We might have a tough time with TB, a team coming into their own. I just hope Gruden decides to f#$@ it up for them.@ SF
- (W) We should still be able to pound these morons.PHI
- (L) I think this is our "tough loss" of the year, where we should have beaten them but something "strange" happens a la the Shaun Alexander fumble from last year.@ MIA
- (W) They are still two years away from being competitiveARI
- (W) I'm calling the win if Leinart is still QB this late in the season and it could be a L if Warner is in there.WAS
- (W) I think we beat these guys any time they come into our town thanks for Mike Sellers.@ DAL
- (L) The media will hype up the rematch from the 2006 playoff game, but Romo will pull it offNE
- (L) As much as I would like to win this one, I don't think we're of the same caliber as NE and we likely just had two tough games@ STL
- (L) The aftermath of playing 3 tough games in a row, and against a team that is better than their 2007 record.NYJ
- (W) We pull it back together at home against a team that has to come across the entire nation to get beat@ ARI
- (W) We need to have our starters in for this one as the division championship relies on a W (STL loses @ ARI for the tiebreaker against us). We beat them, but at the cost of having nobody rested.
I think that turns in a 10-6 season and a first round home game, which the crowd is pumped for and we win. We lose in the second round as we suck away during the playoffs.
The *maybe we can win it all* factor comes in play if the Julius Jones gamble pays off and he plays better for us than he did in Dallas. There is also the possibility that we pull off the TB game as well as the second STL game. Then we might even have a second playoff game at home and that is good news for us. But I think we're running out of chances to take it all here...maybe everyone pulls it together for Holmgren's last year.