Ocho Cinco no go - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ocho Cinco no go

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ocho Cinco no go

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I think it is funny that Marv called Chad's bluff.

What I find unfair about the NFL is a franchise can just release a player like Alexander today who is under contract but a player like Chad can't release himself from the same contract or force a trade. :-? I know the reasons why but it seems like the Franchise is breaching a contract when they release a player but the player has no clout to find a team where he is happy.

On the other hand Chad is breaching his contract by not showing up to team meetings, practices, and by choosing to sit out next season. As cold as it sounds he, like SA, is just a product that the Bungles have paid a lot of money for. He has signed a contract to play for the Bungles...sure he can ask for a trade but he has no leverage other than under performing, being a distraction or sitting out. It has to do with who is doing the paying and who is doing the playing as to who has the leverage. I'm glad players don't have the leverage...what a mess the NFL would be if they did.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:35 am

I love Marvin Lewis. The second the Bengals cave CJ is heading for the NFC East(but not to the Giants). So as long as Lewis keeps this hard line, I'm in his corner.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby matttyl315 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:26 pm

What would Chad's numbers be if he were to return for another full season in Cincinnati? Same question if he were to go to an NFC East team?

I think that (for fantasy sake), the best option would be to go to the Eagles where he would be the main guy for Donovan. In Dallas he's be sharing with T.O., and I don't think he'd get enough catches in the new West Coast Washington offense with S. Moss, Cooley, Portis, and Randel-El. I would think the second best fantasy option would be for Chad to give in and put in another full season in Cincinnati.

Am I off with this?
matttyl315
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:30 pm

Again he ain't going anywhere...not this season.
Metroid

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:58 pm

matttyl315 wrote:What would Chad's numbers be if he were to return for another full season in Cincinnati? Same question if he were to go to an NFC East team?

I think that (for fantasy sake), the best option would be to go to the Eagles where he would be the main guy for Donovan. In Dallas he's be sharing with T.O., and I don't think he'd get enough catches in the new West Coast Washington offense with S. Moss, Cooley, Portis, and Randel-El. I would think the second best fantasy option would be for Chad to give in and put in another full season in Cincinnati.

Am I off with this?

In Washignton, one would think Rendel El hits the pine in that scenario.

Donovan would go buck again, because a team couldn't defend it. With the dual threat of westbrook, and Donovan's implie run threat, and the big receiver, a lot of defenses can't account for that dynamic. I highly doubt Eagles do anything like that though, not with that out of hand offer from Washington. Dallas?? That oculd be downright evil, but talk about locker room nightmare. That would be worse than if they got Moss in my opinion, they are both totally divalike.

I don't see it happening, the hit is a lot for cincy. Although, if he is going to be a sunk cost, they should get value for him. This is the first time in a while both parties in a rumored trade did something dumb IMO. Wash was silly for offering that (they do not value draft picks properly), and Cincy was dumb for turning it down.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matttyl315 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:14 pm

Was the offer really that dumb for the Skins? Chad would be far and away the #1 WR if he were in the draft this year, even at his age. The skins might go after a Limas Sweed in the draft at #21 Saturday, is the difference between Sweed and Chad worth a conditional 3rd round pick next year? I think so.....
matttyl315
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:17 pm

I don't know the exact numbers but the amount of money the Bungles will spend on Chad just this season is pretty small, I wanna say it's something like 3 or 4 million. I think most of the money in Chad's contract came up front. That really isn't that much of a loss just to let the crybaby sit. :-?
Metroid

Postby matttyl315 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:43 pm

If he sits, they don't pay him (I think).

Would they rather go through the headache and get no production, or get another first round pick this year for a defensive player that they desperately need, as well as a future pick....
matttyl315
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:03 pm

Metroid wrote:I don't know the exact numbers but the amount of money the Bungles will spend on Chad just this season is pretty small, I wanna say it's something like 3 or 4 million. I think most of the money in Chad's contract came up front. That really isn't that much of a loss just to let the crybaby sit. :-?

Yea, but his cost escalates. It's like an 8 million hit if they trade him.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
Metroid wrote:I don't know the exact numbers but the amount of money the Bungles will spend on Chad just this season is pretty small, I wanna say it's something like 3 or 4 million. I think most of the money in Chad's contract came up front. That really isn't that much of a loss just to let the crybaby sit. :-?

Yea, but his cost escalates. It's like an 8 million hit if they trade him.

Right which is why they'll just let him sit this season if he wants. They have no reason to do anything with him right now, Chad really has zero leverage.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk