Ticket Sales - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ticket Sales

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ticket Sales

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Nothing really interesting here, I just need some advice.

In short I'm wondering when single-game regular season tickets generally go on sale. An old friend of mine from high school recently called me with the idea of catching up and going to a Vikings game together next year. He saw the schedule come out and assumed that tickets would be available soon and we should get on top of it so that we can get the game that we want.

I didn't think tickets actually went on sale until somewhere near the start of training camp (late July/early August) but I don't go to many games so I guess I'm not sure. I looked for this briefly online, but it was taking me a bit longer to find than I expected so I thought it'd be earier to just ask you guys - since I'm sure many of you know.

Thanks for the help
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ticket Sales

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:42 pm

I get to 2-4 Seahawks games a year and go through the same type of thing... trying to get good seats at good prices, etc.

Ticket sales typically start in late July and you'll get nosebleeds if they don't sell out.

I have had good luck on e-bay, but here is the best advise I can give you...

Although it is always more comfortable showing up at the stadium with tickets in hand, there are always scalpers selling tickets. In my experience, you can get them darn close to face value. It's quite a racket, though, and you can expect to get an education if you've never been through it before. I was haggling with some scalpers last year and after we got what we wanted my daughter said, "well, that was interesting!"

I think the kids were just a little bit intimidated. :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:31 am

jake_twothousandfive wrote:Nothing really interesting here, I just need some advice.

In short I'm wondering when single-game regular season tickets generally go on sale. An old friend of mine from high school recently called me with the idea of catching up and going to a Vikings game together next year. He saw the schedule come out and assumed that tickets would be available soon and we should get on top of it so that we can get the game that we want.

I didn't think tickets actually went on sale until somewhere near the start of training camp (late July/early August) but I don't go to many games so I guess I'm not sure. I looked for this briefly online, but it was taking me a bit longer to find than I expected so I thought it'd be earier to just ask you guys - since I'm sure many of you know.

Thanks for the help

The Jets & Giants have a waiting list for season tickets a mile long so their tickets never go on sale. :,-(

I would just go to their website. I'm sure that if they have season tickets/tickets available, they'll be able to tell you when they go on sale. Also, try ticketmaster.com. They might have the date that they go on sale. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:The Jets & Giants have a waiting list for season tickets a mile long so their tickets never go on sale. :,-(

I would just go to their website. I'm sure that if they have season tickets/tickets available, they'll be able to tell you when they go on sale. Also, try ticketmaster.com. They might have the date that they go on sale. Good luck! ;-D

Vikings tickets aren't nearly as popular. With our team only having modest success most people just aren't that interested. Recently we have only been selling out games with media help so that they can avoid blackouts.

I'll have to call the Vikings ticket office sometime...I just thought maybe you guys would be able to give me a good idea of when I should start looking for them.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:45 am

Jake, our tickets go on sale right before training camp. I don't think there is an exact date yet. I looked this up when I found out we play the pack monday night opening week. because of the soon to be in place "hannah" law in MN... individuals can get tickets easier. I might even stand in line for those packers ones...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Return to Football Talk