Fanball Strength of Schedule Analysis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fanball Strength of Schedule Analysis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fanball Strength of Schedule Analysis

Postby The Lung » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:33 pm

From: http://www.fanballnews.com/article.php?article_id=11798

Best Matchup in Week 15 - New England @ Oakland
Randy Moss returns to the scene of the crime where he "stole" money from the Raiders with a series of less than spectacular efforts. The game should be a total blowout, but the hype and the build up should be substantial.

Best Matchup in Week 16 - Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
The Colts defeated the Jags both times they met in 2007 and it was the reason that the Jags finished second in the division.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fanball Strength of Schedule Analysis

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:53 pm

I think the NE vs Oakland is deceiving. The Raiders will have either Nnamdi Asomugha or Deangelo Hall shadowing Moss all game long. I'm not saying you should bench Brady/Moss that week, just to temper your expectations.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:18 am

I guess I am missing the point of his analysis. Does it have to do with what games are going to be the best to watch or which will be easiest to pre-write a sappy story line? If these are the best match-ups football is in big trouble.
Week 1 Bears/Colts
Uh, that is so 5 minutes ago. DeBears are DaShadow of DaTeam dat went to DaSuperbowl. Blowout forthcoming.
Week 4 Browns/Bengals
Really? That is the best in week 4? A Browns team that has to prove last year wasn’t a fluke and a Bengals team in self-distruct mode.
Week 7 Vikes/Bears
Any NFC North match-up cannot be considered the best for that week.
Week 8 Saints/Bolts march into London. And that is the basis for why this is the best match-up. Great logic.
Week 10 Saints/Falcons
No, really. That is what they feel is the most compelling match-up this week? What, they couldn’t schedule another epic Lions/Cards game?
Week 11 Pack/Bears-see week 7.
Week 15 Pats/Raiders
Are we talking football or soap operas? Moss returns to Oakland! Oh my!! Lets ignore the probability of this game being as competitive as the Lions.
I guess it's bettert than Madden's best weekly match-ups list: What ever team GB is playing that week and we can discuss all the great games Brett Favre has had there and whether he will un-retire this week. :-L

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby knapplc » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:22 pm

moochman wrote:Week 7 Vikes/Bears

Speak for yourself, Lions fan. :-D I'll be watching this game, enjoying every bash, sack and tackle. These two teams traditionally get together for some tough, hard-hitting games, and this should be no different.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:47 pm

knapplc wrote:
moochman wrote:Week 7 Vikes/Bears

Speak for yourself, Lions fan. :-D I'll be watching this game, enjoying every bash, sack and tackle. These two teams traditionally get together for some tough, hard-hitting games, and this should be no different.

Fair enough. Just thinking that watching two teams with no QB and one team clearly on a steep decline isn't riviting to me. I sincerely hope to be proven very wrong. Week 7 looks like a stinker.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:42 am

moochman wrote:Week 8 Saints/Bolts march into London. And that is the basis for why this is the best match-up. Great logic.
Week 10 Saints/Falcons
No, really. That is what they feel is the most compelling match-up this week? What, they couldn’t schedule another epic Lions/Cards game?

Even as a Saints fan I have to agree with you here. Unless they are going to completely change the surface at Wembley stadium, I'm not looking forward to that game against the Bolts. I am actually a little pissed off about it because playing in a mud bog is going to be a bigger disadvantage to the Saints than the Chargers, and it's a Saints home game. The Saints team is built around playing most of their games on the fake stuff, so not only do you take a home game away (add that to the one that was lost when they moved a Saints home game vs. the Giants to Giants Stadium after the hurricane), but you put the home team at a disadvantage based on playing conditions.

No idea why the Saints Falcons game is a compelling matchup either. I haven't looked the other games in week 10, but there has to be something more interesting than a game between two perennial underachievers.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk