Jared Allen is a Viking, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jared Allen is a Viking, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jared Allen is a Viking, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby logan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:04 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
Trainer of Dolphins wrote:The Chiefs also have to feel great. In their minds they ripped off the Vikings, and maybe they did for a guy they were not going to pay.

I agree. If I were a Chiefs fan I would be pretty happy. Not that my team traded Allen, but the value we got for a guy who was only going to play one more year with the team, if he was even planning on suiting up in 2008. The Chiefs seem to have finally gone into a full rebuilding mode and have a chance to get off to a great start in the draft. For as sketchy as Peterson's overall drafting history is, he has made some good moves recently with the likes of Bowe, Hali, Johnson, etc.

i'm happy with the return value that we got for him for sure. 6 picks in the first 3 rounds should turn into at least 4 of the 6 starting right away in a de,og/t and cb.possibly even a wr or qb mixed in there somewhere. it was a lot more than i expected they would get in the end.still a shame to see him go for the reasons he did.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jared Allen is a Viking, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Timbathia » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:40 pm

If it wasnt for Tavaris Jackson, I would say the Vikings were now in position to make a serious run at the NFC.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk