Jason Taylor?... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Minnesota Vikings

Jason Taylor?...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jason Taylor?...

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:42 pm

I've been doing some reading on the internet and I've read alot about Jason Taylor and a possible trade to the Vikes. Is this just wishful fan thinking or is there any truth to the banter. I know he is available, but I figured it was just fans hoping to get two elite DEs in one offseason. :-b

Also, how much would Jason Taylor cost in a trade? I read a 2nd round pick, I thought that was a lowball estimate. Even if he is "old", he has been the most dominant DE in the last 5 years.

So then in a perfect world the Vikings could trade a 1st,2nd and 3rd round draft pick and acquire Taylor and Allen? Seems a bit farfetched.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jason Taylor?...

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:10 pm

I think a 3rd is a more reasonable return for Taylor. Trading players for picks is never going to net a "fair" value, especially as more and more teams are building through the draft, along with the age/cost factor that goes into the decision. Also important to note that Taylor has played in a hybrid defense in Miami and has stood up on the edge during a lot of his big plays. It is unclear as to how to effective he would be playing in a traditional 4-3 like the Vikings employ, and it is understandable that teams would be hesitant to give up too much for him. Taylor could go somewhere on draft day but I think a lot of the trade talk surrounding him is rumor. If the Vikings landed Allen they will not pursue Taylor at all.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Jason Taylor?...

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Yeah, that was my main question. I was wondering if it was possible to get both of them, which seemed ridiculous to me.

Thanks. ;-D
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Minnesota Vikings