Odell Thurman Reinstated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Odell Thurman Reinstated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Odell Thurman Reinstated

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:36 pm

NFL reinstates suspended Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman

32 minutes ago

CINCINNATI (AP) — Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman has been reinstated by the NFL after being suspended for the last two seasons.

The Bengals said Monday they were informed by commissioner Roger Goodell that Thurman is eligible to play. He had been suspended because of violations of the NFL substance abuse policy.

He was cleared in January by the NFL to resume working out with the Bengals pending word on his status.

A second-round draft pick from Georgia in 2005, Thurman started 15 games at middle linebacker, led the team in tackles and tied the team rookie record with five interceptions.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Odell Thurman Reinstated

Postby onnestabe » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:59 pm

Now the question is, "do the Bengals keep him?" I would like to see them give him the boot and show the other guys on their team that character concerns are not something they are going to deal with going forward, but he would almost certainly get signed by someone else and they have a big need for some talent on defense. Interesting dilemma they've gotten themselves into.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby logan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:20 pm

thurman has seemed to keep his nose clean unlike henry and pac man. i wouldn't be surprised to see them bring him back with the stipulation that one misstep will be his release and most likely his career. they could use the help that's for sure.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby WHO DEY » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Cincinnati gave a little smile today! The first in a long time...

Welcome back Odell!
WHO DEY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby Munboy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Cincy's D just got better as long as he can keep his nose clean....and they really NEED IT.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Timbathia » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:36 pm

onnestabe wrote:Now the question is, "do the Bengals keep him?" I would like to see them give him the boot and show the other guys on their team that character concerns are not something they are going to deal with going forward, but he would almost certainly get signed by someone else and they have a big need for some talent on defense. Interesting dilemma they've gotten themselves into.

I would expect the Bengals keep him rather than make an example of him (you can always paint the picture the way you want to when a good player is involved), but if they dont then the Broncos could sure do with a decent mike.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:30 am

Two years was way too much. A lot of players only have a couple truely great years and taking two prime ones away seems excessive to me. I hope he comes back and excels, the Bengals needs something to go their way for a change..

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:35 am

moochman wrote:Two years was way too much. A lot of players only have a couple truely great years and taking two prime ones away seems excessive to me. I hope he comes back and excels, the Bengals needs something to go their way for a change..

Exactly, I think 2 years is a long time to be out of football. Then to expect him to still be the player he was. Not so sure that is going to happen. I wish him the best and hope he can stay out of trouble.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby gersh71 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:17 pm

Finally, some good news for the Bungles. ;-D
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 am

Saw this on ESPN today. Would be a pretty cool story to see him rehab himself and make another run at a career.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk