League discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 4th and Goal

League discussion

Moderators: LS2throwed, Football Moderators

League discussion

Postby CPD » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Welcome Everyone to the 4rth and goal dynasty league....

This thread is for all league discussion....

As soon as we find 2 more..and hammer out any further ripples we will start the Veteran draft....

More to come ......VERY soon....

Welcom again............
CPD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League discussion

Postby CPD » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 pm

As it stands now...

This league will be 12 team Dynasty style

20 man rosters with 2 rookie spots and 1 IR spot...

Standard yahoo scoring and 1 point per reception....

This is all subject to change and open to discussion.....
CPD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wrpd136 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:22 am

Being a dynasty league, should we:

Keep our full rosters and then have a 3 or 4 round rookie / free agent draft.

or

Keep a large number (12-15 keepers) then have a larger draft each year.

What do you think?

Maybe we should list some options and then have a poll.............
wrpd136
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby wrpd136 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:32 am

Earlier Chris had posted:

"The staring line up is not set in stone.. however should look very close to this..

qb
rb
rb
wr
wr
te
wr/te flex
k
team d

Initial draft held this year with a 3 round rookie draft held each year after. 6 team playoff with first round byes for top 2 teams."

This sounds good to me...any additional comments?
wrpd136
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jake » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:22 pm

I think we should have a 3 man taxi squad, for developing players, before the 1st game they must be named,and stay on the taxi squad all year. Also like the 4 man rookie Idea. Jake
jake
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CPD » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:21 pm

I like the idea of separate drafts for rookies and vets......and had been planning it that way all along...

As for the 10/12 man keeper or dynasty style.....I am flexible....and will go along with either..
When i was doing this through email..it was about split....

I think having 2 rookie spots ..sort of is like a taxi squad.....However if you guys want taxi teams..then there should be No rookie spots...

Lasty..i will email all who have not checked in yet.....

We still need 1 possibly 2 more.....(i might have one ..a referral from wrpd136)
CPD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby busby » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 pm

I am relatively indifferent as to taxi squads. As to having separate drafts for rookies and veterans, I think that in the first year of the league all players should be drafted at one time. This is because only maybe the first 5 rookie drafts have any kind of measurable value and after that it is mostly a crapshoot. Of course, in future years rookies should be drafted separately.

I also do not have much of an opinion whether we should keep our full rosters from year to year as would be done in a true dynasty, or if we should just keep 8-12 or so and throw the rest back. However, I would personally prefer to have rosters smaller than 20. Maybe 16 plus 2 taxis.

Also, will our league have divisions? How will teams be ranked? I am strongly in favor of divisions with overall rankings determined by H2H record and season total points as the tie breaker. Divisions will be ranked first by division rankings and second by season total points. Division winners are guaranteed a playoff spot, plus three wild cards, but division winners are not automatically ranked as first, second, and third seeds. Overall playoff seeding should be determined independently of division results.

What does everyone think?
Cafe leagues
Any Given Dynasty (4th year) 2-2
Kind of a Big Deal (3rd year) 2-2
4th and Goal Dynasty (2nd year) 2-2
busby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby water boy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:33 pm

I like separate drafts,i don't like taxi squads,with 20 man rosters you should have enough room for your rookies.

thanks SJNez46 for the sweet sig
water boy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby wrpd136 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:35 am

water boy wrote:I like separate drafts,i don't like taxi squads,with 20 man rosters you should have enough room for your rookies.

I like this idea, 16 round veteran draft. Then have a 4 round rookie / leftover veteran draft. (No taxi squad). Then, next year, have 16 keepers and another 4 round rookie / leftover veteran draft, keeping rosters around 20 at all times. Trades may make some teams over and under 20 players at times but the 16 keepers will even it out at the beginning of each year.
wrpd136
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wrpd136 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:12 am

busby wrote:Also, will our league have divisions? How will teams be ranked? I am strongly in favor of divisions with overall rankings determined by H2H record and season total points as the tie breaker. Divisions will be ranked first by division rankings and second by season total points. Division winners are guaranteed a playoff spot, plus three wild cards, but division winners are not automatically ranked as first, second, and third seeds. Overall playoff seeding should be determined independently of division results.

What does everyone think?

I think we should have two 6-team divisions, 6 teams make the playoffs, 3 from each division (overall rankings determined by H2H record and season total points as the tie breaker).

I think we should have a 13 game season. During the season, I think that we should play everyone in the league once (11 games), plus 2 random games from within your own division in the first and last weeks of the season, to get some rivalries going.

The two division winners (best H2H record) get byes.
The two other playoff teams from each division play each other in the first round of the playoffs (in week 14).
The first round playoff winners play against their regular season division winner in the 2nd round of the playoffs (in week 15)
The two division playoff game winners meet in the championship (in week 16).

No games in week 17 due to NFL players on playoff teams usually being benched that week.

I know that some of the 4th ranked teams in one divivison might have a better record than the 3rd place team in the other division, but it sure makes the rankings easier. If everyone knows it in the beginning, its not a problem.
wrpd136
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to 4th and Goal