Lito to Tampa in the Works? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lito to Tampa in the Works?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Lito to Tampa in the Works?

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:36 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:So I am wondering... why are the Eagles shopping Sheppard so much? This whole thing is a bit surprising to me. :-?

They don't want to pay his new contract and want to get something for him before he leaves via FA
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:So I am wondering... why are the Eagles shopping Sheppard so much? This whole thing is a bit surprising to me. :-?

They don't want to pay his new contract and want to get something for him before he leaves via FA

He's actually not a FA till 2011, he signed a contract like 2 years ago and already wants it reworked. Before they even signed Asante, there were rumblings he wanted to be traded...
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:41 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

He's actually not a FA till 2011, he signed a contract like 2 years ago and already wants it reworked. Before they even signed Asante, there were rumblings he wanted to be traded...

Oh ok, so he wants a new deal and they don't want to give him one and don't want another TO type situation?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:45 pm

So he's more of a pain in the arse for them than the opponents. :-b That's what I assumed.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:49 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Oh ok, so he wants a new deal and they don't want to give him one and don't want another TO type situation?

More or less they think his value isn't as high as he thinks money wise. He thinks he's worth upwards of 9-10 mil a season(or so I've read), The Eagles I believe disagree. When Lito plays he is really good, plus he is a Cowboy killer, but he gets hurt often. I don't think he's played 16 games in a season in his career.

He has never gone public and been vocal about this stuff. I wouldn't call him a cancer or anything. I just think the guy wants to get paid like a top corner and The Eagles are unwilling.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:54 pm

eaglesfan wrote:plus he is a Cowboy killer

As you can imagine, I am overjoyed by the news of the possible trade BTW. :-D

I think because of how well he plays against the Cowboys, I probably have an inflated view of his value as well. That might be part of the reason I was so surprised at the news.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:50 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:

I think because of how well he plays against the Cowboys, I probably have an inflated view of his value as well. That might be part of the reason I was so surprised at the news.

Most Eagles fans myself included probably inflate his value as well, but I always felt if he could put together a full season he could really be one of the top corners in this league.
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:54 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

Most Eagles fans myself included probably inflate his value as well, but I always felt if he could put together a full season he could really be one of the top corners in this league.

I watched him at UF and he was one of the best I have seen live when he is on his game and healthy
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:21 pm

well, his value, WHEN ON THE FIELD, is pretty darn high. I mean the rumblings were, if he were to be a free agent, he would have been up there, but right behind samuel.

Part of me wants the eagles to just keep him. if you can't get the receiver, just roll really strong with D. The eagles run d has improved to the point that it could be stifling.

That being said, he is hurt all the darn time. I mean it seems to me that whenever the big game is coming up, lito is out. he can't help the timing, but he can help (one would think) the being hurt thing.

Lito isn't shut down. But how many incompletes are worth his picks? I'd personally rather some big first downs for the opponent if it means what he brings to the table. but he has to be on the field.

I can't help but think samuel, lito, dawkins and sheldon would be a nightmare to pass against.

If the birds can't use him as part of a deal to get a WR, I hope they use him to shore up other areas of the D, which they should be able to do.

But barring that, no, his hit isn't high, he is under contract for a while, and they should make him play. (part of their beef is apparently that he took plays off last year, just on the radio though).

The thing is, the eagles WILL pay you. It might not be monstrous, but you will be set for life if you are young and good. It makes me mad, as those players sometimes take the security AND then say they are better than the contract. We shall see... but tampa doesn't have recieivers I want, other than galloway, and that would tell me that the kolb era is around the corner if that team doesn't win.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 pm

The Saints have reportedly entered the bidding for Eagles CB Lito Sheppard.
If this report is true, the Saints probably aren't all that close to finalizing a Jeremy Shockey trade. Philadelphia almost assuredly wouldn't take less than the Saints' second-rounder (No. 40). The Rams and Bucs have been the only teams involved in the Sheppard sweepstakes to this point.
Source: Tampa Tribune
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk