No Madden Curse Talk This Year! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

No Madden Curse Talk This Year!

Moderator: Football Moderators

No Madden Curse Talk This Year!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Every year I laugh at the Madden Curse talk & people saying that they won't draft whoever is on the cover of the new Madden game. I guess these people don't understand that football is a contact sport & that it's just a coincidence that a string of Madden cover players got hurt the year they were on the cover. Like they wouldn't have gotten hurt otherwise....it's football!!

Well noone will have to worry about that this year and I won't have to laugh at everyone that actually believes and worries about the so called Madden Curse. Brett Favre is going to be on the cover of Madden 09. I think they have an option where you can hear Madden say Brett Favre in a continuous loop over and over and over again. :-b

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blo ... ealed.html

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: No Madden Curse Talk This Year!

Postby dream_017 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:22 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Every year I laugh at the Madden Curse talk & people saying that they won't draft whoever is on the cover of the new Madden game. I guess these people don't understand that football is a contact sport & that it's just a coincidence that a string of Madden cover players got hurt the year they were on the cover. Like they wouldn't have gotten hurt otherwise....it's football!!

Well noone will have to worry about that this year and I won't have to laugh at everyone that actually believes and worries about the so called Madden Curse. Brett Favre is going to be on the cover of Madden 09. I think they have an option where you can hear Madden say Brett Favre in a continuous loop over and over and over again. :-b

I'm drafting Favre in all my leagues. Maybe it will be the reverse curse and he will come back in week 2 and throw for 63 TDs and 6,281 passing yards this year. ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm

dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Every year I laugh at the Madden Curse talk & people saying that they won't draft whoever is on the cover of the new Madden game. I guess these people don't understand that football is a contact sport & that it's just a coincidence that a string of Madden cover players got hurt the year they were on the cover. Like they wouldn't have gotten hurt otherwise....it's football!!

I'm drafting Favre in all my leagues. Maybe it will be the reverse curse and he will come back in week 2 and throw for 63 TDs and 6,281 passing yards this year. ;-D

LMAO! :-b

Nice one dream. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:38 pm

This is not good news for my fantasy softball team :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Thats actually an awesome move by EA imo. If only one future hall of famer of Favre's caliber retired every year.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Fitting way for Madden to celebrate both his Favre lovefest and 20th Madden anniversary at the same time. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:22 pm

i think it is the most perfect choice that could be made in this instance. man love, legend, go for it.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby treat24 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:29 pm

I saw this the last night when favre was on letterman... I was pretty happy to see it. That way I don't have to listen to madden curse talk during the season... then again... dream may be right... :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:37 pm

That is very cool that Favre will be on the cover. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't been on there already now that I think about it.

dream_017 wrote:I'm drafting Favre in all my leagues. Maybe it will be the reverse curse and he will come back in week 2 and throw for 63 TDs and 6,281 passing yards this year. ;-D

Imagine the woodie that would give Madden. On second thought, don't. :-*
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 pm

scottaa1 wrote:That is very cool that Favre will be on the cover. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't been on there already now that I think about it.

dream_017 wrote:I'm drafting Favre in all my leagues. Maybe it will be the reverse curse and he will come back in week 2 and throw for 63 TDs and 6,281 passing yards this year. ;-D

Imagine the woodie that would give Madden. On second thought, don't. :-*

Madden has been saving it for just this instance. :-b

Not the woodie, but Favre on the cover. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk