Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas

Postby stomperrob » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:31 am

Nothing earth shattering:

Dolphins get two players in trade
Posted on Sat, Apr. 26, 2008
Miami Herald Wire Services

The Miami Dolphins traded a fourth-round draft pick to the Dallas Cowboys for linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano, a person familiar with the deal said Friday.

The person didn't want to be identified because the Dolphins and Cowboys hadn't confirmed the trade.

The Dolphins have repeatedly tapped the Dallas pipeline since the arrival of former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells in December to run Miami's football operations.

The draft pick is No. 100 overall Saturday. The Dolphins have eight other picks and will use the No. 1 overall choice to take tackle Jake Long, who has already signed a five-year contract worth $57.75 million, $30 million of it guaranteed.

con't...

rest of story: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/510448.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas

Postby logan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:35 am

niec trade for the fins. both solid if not spectacular guys. will definitely help the fins.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:46 am

Crap. Two of my favorite backups on Dallas. I hope it turns out to be more than just a fourth rounder for those guys. Ayodele is more than servicable and Fasano could probably start on over 50% of NFL teams. :~(
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:03 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Crap. Two of my favorite backups on Dallas. I hope it turns out to be more than just a fourth rounder for those guys. Ayodele is more than servicable and Fasano could probably start on over 50% of NFL teams. :~(

yeah i think fasano is probably going to be the starter there no matter what since parcells loves the guy and i would be surprised to see ayodele starting at mlb eeither.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:07 am

logan wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Crap. Two of my favorite backups on Dallas. I hope it turns out to be more than just a fourth rounder for those guys. Ayodele is more than servicable and Fasano could probably start on over 50% of NFL teams. :~(

yeah i think fasano is probably going to be the starter there no matter what since parcells loves the guy and i would be surprised to see ayodele starting at mlb eeither.

Fasano will finally get a starting gig ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:26 am

I thought Ayodele did well whenver I saw him play...guess the Cowboys didn't like him as much as I thought

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:04 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:I thought Ayodele did well whenver I saw him play...guess the Cowboys didn't like him as much as I thought

Parcells did. I did too actually Ayodele was like I said, more than servicable. He is a decent starter and an excellent backup LB. He can make plays. The longer I thought about this at work, the more pissed off I got. This really sucks bad. I can't rationalize this trade no matter how hard I try. We better find one heck of a gem with that fourth round pick.

This also means that the Cowboys will probably target both LB and TE in the draft at some point. Maybe not LB so much, but definitely TE. We only have two TE's. I really like Tony Curtis as the backup, but two deep isn't much when you run a lot of two TE sets.

I think Parcells knows Jerry Jones too well and is able to use him because of it.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:I thought Ayodele did well whenver I saw him play...guess the Cowboys didn't like him as much as I thought

Parcells did. I did too actually Ayodele was like I said, more than servicable. He is a decent starter and an excellent backup LB. He can make plays. The longer I thought about this at work, the more pissed off I got. This really sucks bad. I can't rationalize this trade no matter how hard I try. We better find one heck of a gem with that fourth round pick.

This also means that the Cowboys will probably target both LB and TE in the draft at some point. Maybe not LB so much, but definitely TE. We only have two TE's. I really like Tony Curtis as the backup, but two deep isn't much when you run a lot of two TE sets.

I think Parcells knows Jerry Jones too well and is able to use him because of it.

This is the impression I'm getting too. It seems like Parcells is getting a "friendly discount" of sorts. That's really good value for MIA, getting two solid but unspectacular players on the cheap. MIA is filling holes pretty well, and they seem to be looking through the DAL roster as if it were a bargain bin. At least DAL got the 4th Rounder it gave up for PacMan back though. So this ended up being essentially: Fasano/Ayodele for Pacman... :-?
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:21 am

BigBadBrawler wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

This is the impression I'm getting too. It seems like Parcells is getting a "friendly discount" of sorts. That's really good value for MIA, getting two solid but unspectacular players on the cheap. MIA is filling holes pretty well, and they seem to be looking through the DAL roster as if it were a bargain bin. At least DAL got the 4th Rounder it gave up for PacMan back though. So this ended up being essentially: Fasano/Ayodele for Pacman... :-?

Asuming the Pacman trade gets final approval (it hasn't yet as far as I know) then we will actually move up 26 spots in the fourth I think.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:27 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:

Agreed. I can't see any benefit for the Cowboys here. Trading a 2nd and 3rd rounder for a 4th. The 2nd rounder was great as a backup and in 2 TE sets. The 3rd was solid at coming in and making plays. Fasano did just have reconstructive Shoulder surgery but should be fine and we are loaded at the LB position. Those are the only 2 reasond I can think of making this trade but we still should have gotten better then a 4th. Guys picked in the 4th sometimes don't even make the team. I look back at the 2007 4th round and not too many players drafted there played well last year. I was OK giving up the 4th for Pacman because of the potential high reward and minimal risk.

I think we just gave away 2 solid players and really got nothing in return but I guess we will see.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk