Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dolphins swing a trade with Dallas

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:34 am

The only way I can justify this is if I think of it as moving up in the fourth and getting Pacman in exchange for the two players, but that's really stupid logic since they were two completely seperate trades.

Kudos to Parcells.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:57 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:The only way I can justify this is if I think of it as moving up in the fourth and getting Pacman in exchange for the two players, but that's really stupid logic since they were two completely seperate trades.

Kudos to Parcells.

I'm not really sure about the financial implications of this trade. The only other reason I can think of is for additional cap space. In 07 Ayodele made 5.6 mil and I'm not sure what he was going to make this year. Fassano was making 1.4 mil. If their salaries are close to that for this year then we shed 7 mil in exchange for whatever it costs for the 100th pick.

We were pushing it close on the cap anyway even with the increase and now this gives us more options going forward. That is the only logical reason for doing this.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:24 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:The only way I can justify this is if I think of it as moving up in the fourth and getting Pacman in exchange for the two players, but that's really stupid logic since they were two completely seperate trades.

Kudos to Parcells.

Maybe they aren't as unrelated as they seem. Could it be Goodell is nudging the Cowboys toward helping a downtrodden, once proud franchise in return for getting Jones? A Pacman pact?
Hey I know it's thin, but Goodell is shadey. Think about why the Pats will draft so high when all logic would dictate they lose the top pick.
Cripes, now I am just trying to stir things up. Disregard my conspiracists paranoia Pats fans. Move along, nothing to see here.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Good deal for the Fins. They'd be lucky to get one player of that caliber at those positions with that 4th round pick.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SLAMLLC » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:37 am

I agree with Cowboys for life. I looked at this trade myself and was a little confused. The Boys did pick up a TE with their 2nd round pick. I believe they were looking further down the road. They need cap space, bad. I see two possibly great reasons. MBIII needs to be resigned. There is still the chance to get Ocho Cinco. Either one of these things alone is more than enough reason to open some cap space. Both reasons would be well worth it. I believe the Chad Johnson, Boldin, Roy Williams possibilities have the Cowboys wanting to be prepared to make an offer. Hopefully the TE the Boys drafted can learn from Witten and fill in nicely. If thats the case, and they go after and get another awesome WR then it was a small price to pay.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk