Grand Theft Auto 4 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Grand Theft Auto 4

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4

Postby bagobonez » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:The first few people that beat the game get their own online "turf" haha.

Sucks to be you bonez. I sure will enjoy it over the next few weeks. :-D

Grrrrr...........
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:14 pm

BLAST! Happy gaming fellas!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:48 pm

haha I have quite the comical story for you guys:

...so that friend that I said was staying home and having his parents get it for him was gonna stay home but his parents went to work (why he didn't think of that I don't know) but he came to school because he really had no choice (he can't drive to a store, he hasn't got his license) and after school was begging me to take him to gamestop, at one point he offered me 50 bucks, and I would've jumped on it but decided I wasn't going to take 50 bucks from an obviously hysterical friend. It was still quite funny though, and he has to wait for his mommy to get home, so she can pick it up on her way back from work. Man, that just makes my day, he didn't get what he wanted for once! :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Picked up the last copy at the store for the 360. Lucky me. :-)
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:57 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:haha I have quite the comical story for you guys:

...so that friend that I said was staying home and having his parents get it for him was gonna stay home but his parents went to work (why he didn't think of that I don't know) but he came to school because he really had no choice (he can't drive to a store, he hasn't got his license) and after school was begging me to take him to gamestop, at one point he offered me 50 bucks, and I would've jumped on it but decided I wasn't going to take 50 bucks from an obviously hysterical friend. It was still quite funny though, and he has to wait for his mommy to get home, so she can pick it up on her way back from work. Man, that just makes my day, he didn't get what he wanted for once! :-b

And he just called me about an hour ago (while I was taking a crap I might add) almost in tears, it was extremely messed up to be that obsessed with a video game, but at the same time strangely hilarious.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bagobonez » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:58 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

And he just called me about an hour ago (while I was taking a crap I might add) almost in tears, it was extremely messed up to be that obsessed with a video game, but at the same time strangely hilarious.

I've known guys like that. Guys that are, for all intents and purposes, grown. Yet if they meet a little resistance they just about start crying. I remember I went to play paintball with some guys one time and there were only so many guys allowed to play per round because there were only so many guns to go around. So one guy was told he'd have to sit out until round 2, and the guy just about started hyper ventilating. He just kept talking like "but wait.... there's not another gun for me... but..." and you could see the tears in his eyes.

Sad thing is, these kinds of people are just a product of the parenting they received. Were probably spoiled rotten as kids and have no clue how to handle a little adversity. I'm glad your friend had to wait to get his copy. Hell if I gotta wait til October he can wait a few hours. ;-D
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:02 pm

bagobonez wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

I've known guys like that. Guys that are, for all intents and purposes, grown. Yet if they meet a little resistance they just about start crying. I remember I went to play paintball with some guys one time and there were only so many guys allowed to play per round because there were only so many guns to go around. So one guy was told he'd have to sit out until round 2, and the guy just about started hyper ventilating. He just kept talking like "but wait.... there's not another gun for me... but..." and you could see the tears in his eyes.

Sad thing is, these kinds of people are just a product of the parenting they received. Were probably spoiled rotten as kids and have no clue how to handle a little adversity. I'm glad your friend had to wait to get his copy. Hell if I gotta wait til October he can wait a few hours. ;-D

no doubt man, October is a long freakin' way away...I'm sorry just thought I'd point that out. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri May 02, 2008 1:50 am

As soon as my 360 recovers from the THREE RED LIGHTS of death, Ill be the happiest camper in my house (which is a given since my wife refuses to like the game ;-) )...

Yay for 1500 posts ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sun May 04, 2008 4:20 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:As soon as my 360 recovers from the THREE RED LIGHTS of death, Ill be the happiest camper in my house (which is a given since my wife refuses to like the game ;-) )...

Yay for 1500 posts ;-D

Congrats on 1500! My wife hates the GTA series as well, so I won't be playing it unless she's gone or asleep. I don't need to give her more ammo to use against me.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:24 am

short summary...single player is pretty sweet. multiplayer is fairly dull and bores quickly.

multi is only really fun IMO getting some buddies together and messing around...but actually taking this game seriously in multi is a lost cause. horrible mechanics...tons of glitches and problems...bad aiming..lack of depth. meh.

single player shines in the details. they are really pushing the envelope for how far they can take a game as far as adult content. i think its funny a lot of the raunch stuff they have in there...pretty surprising. ;-D . sometimes the aiming can be more than frustrating, but you kind of get used to it. i also get tired of everyone calling every two minutes wanting to do some stupid thing like shoot pool or play darts while im in the middle of missions (roman is the worst!)....then liking me less because i have to turn them down.

i think im more than halfway done..id say its worth the money so far just for the single player. gotta finish it up so i can get back to COD again :-b :-D .
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games