Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Poll ended at Sat May 03, 2008 9:47 am

RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
60%
RB Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers
35%
RB Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys
No votes
RB Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
5%
QB Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
No votes
Other (PLEASE DISCUSS!)
No votes

Total votes : 40

Re: Who is the #2 pick in rookie dynasty league drafts?

Postby The Lung » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:56 am

treat24 wrote:do we even need to put up a who is the 3rd thread? we can probably skip to 4... lol... kidding

The thread discussion is actually the most important part of these polls...it's good for Cafe members to understand the positives and negatives of these rookies and their team situations and WHY they are ranked where they are. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 am

pm'd
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BigBadBrawler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:23 pm

The Lung wrote:
treat24 wrote:do we even need to put up a who is the 3rd thread? we can probably skip to 4... lol... kidding

The thread discussion is actually the most important part of these polls...it's good for Cafe members to understand the positives and negatives of these rookies and their team situations and WHY they are ranked where they are. ;-D

Yeah, but we could just put up:

Rookie Poll #3 -- See Discussion in Rookie Poll #2... :-b ;-)
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby Humpback » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:12 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:
The Lung wrote:

Yeah, but we could just put up:

Rookie Poll #3 -- See Discussion in Rookie Poll #2... :-b ;-)

Exactly. If anything, the poll should only be open a short period of time. Whoever doesn't win the #2 RB (looks like Stewart now) should get 90%+ of the votes for #3.

Some dynasty drafts are coming up this weekend! :-)
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:41 pm

So..... when is the next poll going up? O:-) :-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:05 pm

Couldn't we have just started a thread that said "rank the rookies for dynasty leagues" and then compiled the numbers?

Why is Darren McFadden not a poll option? Thats who I'd vote for as the 3nd pick. Anybody else see the flaw in these polls? You're basically forcing me to pick who you want me to pick by leaving McFadden off. Next you are going to remove Mendenhall and ask me who my #3 pick will be from the list given? :-?

I dunno...maybe if we asked the Cafe to rank the rookies the result would be the same.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:17 pm

Metroid wrote:Couldn't we have just started a thread that said "rank the rookies for dynasty leagues" and then compiled the numbers?

Why is Darren McFadden not a poll option? Thats who I'd vote for as the 3nd pick. Anybody else see the flaw in these polls? You're basically forcing me to pick who you want me to pick by leaving McFadden off. Next you are going to remove Mendenhall and ask me who my #3 pick will be from the list given? :-?

I dunno...maybe if we asked the Cafe to rank the rookies the result would be the same.

Both ways have their pros and cons. This one is the ease of use. You get way more feedback than asking everybody to fill out a spreadsheet and compiling stats IMO. However, it would probably be a good idea to get some rankings done both ways.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:29 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Metroid wrote:Couldn't we have just started a thread that said "rank the rookies for dynasty leagues" and then compiled the numbers?

Both ways have their pros and cons. This one is the ease of use. You get way more feedback than asking everybody to fill out a spreadsheet and compiling stats IMO. However, it would probably be a good idea to get some rankings done both ways.

It just seems like I'm being forced to pick from a list the majority is creating for me rather than who I think should be picked at that spot. You bet I'll vote for J Stew as the #3 rook but it isn't because I think there are 2 players ahead of him it's because he's a steal at #3. :-?

Like I said we'd probably get the same results with rankings and spread sheets, I dunno....ignore me anyway, these are making for good conversation. ;-D
Metroid

Postby The Lung » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:21 pm

To answer a few questions:

Humpback wrote:If anything, the poll should only be open a short period of time. Whoever doesn't win the #2 RB (looks like Stewart now) should get 90%+ of the votes for #3.

Some dynasty drafts are coming up this weekend! :-)

Given that Mendenhall is only leading by 5 votes, this poll isn't even close to being over. They will run for 5 or 6 days to allow people a chance to see them - not everyone checks into the Cafe several times per day. And I frankly cannot understand why there are dynasty leagues who foolishly hold rookie drafts in May. I am in four dynasty leagues, and every one of them holds their rookie draft in August.

joelamosobadiah wrote:So..... when is the next poll going up? O:-) :-D

When this one ends - notice at the top "Poll runs till Sat May 03, 2008 10:47 am" The only exception will be when one player has a such an overwhelming lead that it's obvious he'll be the eventual winner.

Metroid wrote:Why is Darren McFadden not a poll option? Thats who I'd vote for as the 3nd pick. Anybody else see the flaw in these polls? You're basically forcing me to pick who you want me to pick by leaving McFadden off.

In case you missed it, there is an option at the very bottom listed as Other (PLEASE DISCUSS!). With this option you can choose whoever you want to. If you want to choose McFadden at that spot then you are more than welcome to. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:37 pm

The Lung wrote:In case you missed it, there is an option at the very bottom listed as Other (PLEASE DISCUSS!). With this option you can choose whoever you want to. If you want to choose McFadden at that spot then you are more than welcome to. ;-D

Very true...I actually did disregard that when posting those thoughts, thanks for the reminder. ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk