Post draft RB rankings... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Post draft RB rankings...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Post draft RB rankings...

Postby Cleokatrah » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:48 am

SA will still go somewhere where he will be effective (not stellar, but effective) until he gets injured. Who knows, Oakland might want him, seeing as how they're collecting and all ^_~

I'm going to borrow this list and give it to the new guy in our league ;)
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:00 am

Cleokatrah wrote:SA will still go somewhere where he will be effective (not stellar, but effective) until he gets injured. Who knows, Oakland might want him, seeing as how they're collecting and all ^_~

I'm going to borrow this list and give it to the new guy in our league ;)

And then he'll probably kill you in the league and you will feel like an idiot. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:19 am

stomperrob wrote:First off, I don't agree with the rankings, I just posted 'em to get some debate going. I honestly don't think that just because some of the scouts and/or fantasy fans rank McFadden as #1 RB that means they're expecting AD type production and numbers from him. And while NFL.com has him ranked too high, they obviously don't expect this or they'd have him at #3 - certainly not behind some of those they did place him. If anything, I think they're elevating McFadden's value partially based on big expectations from from JaMarcus Russell in his sophmore campaign - but then of course they're assuming McFadden will be the main benefactor of this as opposed to Fargas and/or Bush.

I totally think the have AD on the brain, that is all they mentioned during the draft. They kept harping on AD last season and what he could do for a team. They asked GM's, Scouts, and coaches about it. They kept mentioning how highly rated McFadden was by some unknown scouts (See best person they ever evaluated, including AD) Just my opinion, but I think a lot of the hype McFadden is getting both by football fans and fantasy football fans is because of what AD did last season
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:11 am

Wow. An awful lot of RB questions heading into next season. Studly RBs are going to be at a premium this season, methinks. I don't like Run DMC as much as the experts do. I think they must forget just how dominant ADP was in college. No real comparison. Might not be a bad year to let others grab the next best thing and focus on the sneakier Graham type RBs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:19 am

I realize he's coming off an injury but come on, at the start of last year Ronnie Brown was downright stellar and with the addition of Jake Long to the line, he could be primed for a stellar season, seems like he's kinda low on the list to me.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Humpback » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:30 am

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I realize he's coming off an injury but come on, at the start of last year Ronnie Brown was downright stellar and with the addition of Jake Long to the line, he could be primed for a stellar season, seems like he's kinda low on the list to me.

The injury is one that usually takes at least a full year before they're back to 100% though. Yes, they drafted Long, but they also lost Cameron, who's been like the Martz of RBs. He could certainly be higher, but I'm not sure there's any one on the list (besides McFadden) that I'd move below him right now. He'll probably end up higher than a few of them due to injuries, splitting carries, etc., but it's hard to predict who.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Axl's Army » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:00 pm

I am going to be drafting value when it's my turn to pick so whether or not I choose McFadden will not be influenced by hype. The bottom line is that the unknown is EXTREMELY INTRIGUING. One of the reasons all of us are passionate about Fantasy Football is the possibility of guessing right on a player & being able to say, "yeah, I knew all along". Whether that's a player you draft or a player you don't draft.

The hype surrounding McFadden makes it hard to really evaluate him. My take is that he doesn't fit the typical size of an NFL Back which may make him go down easily because of his tall, lanky build.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk