Jets grab free agent RB - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets grab free agent RB

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jets grab free agent RB

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 01, 2008 9:28 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Soooooooo why didn't they draft him?

Not many Div II guys get drafted and gven his size, I guess they figured no one else was gonna take a chance on him so there was no need to draft him if they can grab him as a FA - they gambled and won. I agree with knap that the kid has a shot at making the team at least as a a special teamer given his work ethic and skill set.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 pm

gersh71 wrote:The Jets also signed a kid out of Mich. St. named Jehuu Caulcrick. He is from the Buffalo area, and is a beast. Thick legs and has a nose for the goal line. I hope he makes the team. Keep your eyes on him Jets fans.

21 tds last year. Short yardage back and not a whole lot of movement but huge legs and powerful.

As for where he was from, I knew he was from Liberia...I didn't know he spent time in or around Buffalo.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 2:37 am

stomperrob wrote:

Not many Div II guys get drafted and gven his size, I guess they figured no one else was gonna take a chance on him so there was no need to draft him if they can grab him as a FA - they gambled and won. I agree with knap that the kid has a shot at making the team at least as a a special teamer given his work ethic and skill set.

Basically my point. I mean, it would be great if this guy comes into the league and does great things, but the chances are very small considering the fact that nobody drafted the guy. My point was basically that there was a reason he wasn't drafted (yeah, I was being sarcastic...) :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri May 02, 2008 11:33 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
gersh71 wrote:The Jets also signed a kid out of Mich. St. named Jehuu Caulcrick. He is from the Buffalo area, and is a beast. Thick legs and has a nose for the goal line. I hope he makes the team. Keep your eyes on him Jets fans.

21 tds last year. Short yardage back and not a whole lot of movement but huge legs and powerful.

As for where he was from, I knew he was from Liberia...I didn't know he spent time in or around Buffalo.

I can't believe the idiotic Lions didn't sign the hometown boy Caulcrick. They need a FB badly and this guy has better size and speed than the dude they drafted in the 5th rnd. Jehuu is a bruiser who has a fair shot to be a servicable FB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Fri May 02, 2008 11:44 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Basically my point. I mean, it would be great if this guy comes into the league and does great things, but the chances are very small considering the fact that nobody drafted the guy. My point was basically that there was a reason he wasn't drafted (yeah, I was being sarcastic...) :-b

Agreed the odds are against him, but not being drafted doesn't mean you're not good enough to play in the NFL - just ask Kurt Warner, Antonio Gates, Priest Holmes, Willie Parker, Wes Welker, London Fletcher, Jake Delhomme, Rod Smith, Adewale Ogunleye, etc, etc....
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk