After draft... Rookie RB performance - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

After draft... Rookie RB performance

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: After draft... Rookie RB performance

Postby ssarmstro » Fri May 02, 2008 8:41 am

[quote="Free Bagel"][quote="bagobonez"]... but well... it's Oakland.[/quote]

Why does everyone think Oakland is such a bad spot for a RB? Of the three incumbents that the big 3 rookies are coming in for (Parker, DeAngelo, Fargas), Justin Fargas probably had the best year of the bunch in '07 and he's probably the least talented of the three. A less talented guy had a better year there, yet IT is the bad spot?[/quote]

How did Fargas have the better yr....am I mistaken in the fact that willie lead the league in rushing until he got hurt????
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SLAMLLC » Fri May 02, 2008 8:47 am

Two new "rumours" to add to this discussion. Kevin Smith said to be the starting RB for Detroit.
Possibility of Barber III traded to Cincy for Chad. Felix would be the Dallas starter.

What are the thoughts on Kevin Smith as the starter in Detroit with Detroit looking to run the ball a lot more.

What are the thoughts should Felix become the starter in Dallas? What would happen to MBIII going to Cincy?
Last edited by SLAMLLC on Fri May 02, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Humpback » Fri May 02, 2008 8:56 am

SLAMLLC wrote:Two new "rumours" to add to this discussion. Kevin Smith said to be the starting RB for Detroit.
Possibility of Barber III traded to Cincy for Chad. Forte would be the Dallas starter.

What are the thoughts on Kevin Smith as the starter in Detroit with Detroit looking to run the ball a lot more.

What are the thoughts should Forte become the starter in Dallas? What would happen to MBIII going to Cincy?

Link?

Forte isn't on Dallas, F. Jones and Choice are. I don't see it happening either way.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby SLAMLLC » Fri May 02, 2008 9:12 am

Sorry Typo...
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ssarmstro » Fri May 02, 2008 9:28 am

[quote="SLAMLLC"]Sorry Typo...[/quote]

LINK?????
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 am

MBIII isn't going to Cincy. That's so stupid its laughable. Jerry Jones would be assassinated if he were to make that move, I am sure.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SLAMLLC » Fri May 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Everyone keeps saying the same thing that Jerra couldn't trade MBIII. If you look at his situation, he might not be able to afford to keep him and have no choice. Lots of big contracts already signed and not much cap space to make MBIII happy I believe. So we will see...
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Humpback » Fri May 02, 2008 1:07 pm

SLAMLLC wrote:Everyone keeps saying the same thing that Jerra couldn't trade MBIII. If you look at his situation, he might not be able to afford to keep him and have no choice. Lots of big contracts already signed and not much cap space to make MBIII happy I believe. So we will see...

How does getting CJ, who's going to want at least as much $ as Barber, change that?

I wouldn't say Jerry couldn't trade MBIII, anything's possible, I just don't see this trade happening. The only link I've seen is from some other poster saying "word on the street".
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri May 02, 2008 5:06 pm

No way he trades MBIII for CJ. Felix Jones is unproven in the NFL and could very well be a bust. MBIII is a proven stud who you can trust giving the ball all game...especially when inside the red zone.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Fri May 02, 2008 9:49 pm

ssarmstro wrote:How did Fargas have the better yr....am I mistaken in the fact that willie lead the league in rushing until he got hurt????

Parker averaged 4.1 yards per rush and put up 2 TDs in 15 games. Fargas averaged 4.5 yards per rush and put up 4 TDs in 14 games. Parker had more total yards, only because he had more starts (only 7 for Fargas). When both were in there, Fargas performed better.

Regardless, Fargas is much less talented than Parker. The fact that there's even a discussion about it should be enough that people don't think of Oakland as some god awful RB wasteland while Pitt and Carolina are magically great spots for RBs. Not to mention that Pitt also lost by far its best lineman in Faneca.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk