After draft... Rookie RB performance - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

After draft... Rookie RB performance

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: After draft... Rookie RB performance

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat May 03, 2008 8:35 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Regardless, Fargas is much less talented than Parker. The fact that there's even a discussion about it should be enough that people don't think of Oakland as some god awful RB wasteland while Pitt and Carolina are magically great spots for RBs. Not to mention that Pitt also lost by far its best lineman in Faneca.

I always heard/read that Fargas was a really talented RB but didn't understand how to pass protect and follow blocking schemes :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: After draft... Rookie RB performance

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat May 03, 2008 10:40 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Regardless, Fargas is much less talented than Parker. The fact that there's even a discussion about it should be enough that people don't think of Oakland as some god awful RB wasteland while Pitt and Carolina are magically great spots for RBs. Not to mention that Pitt also lost by far its best lineman in Faneca.

I always heard/read that Fargas was a really talented RB but didn't understand how to pass protect and follow blocking schemes :-?

If you consider talent running as fast and hard as you can straight into the pile. Fargas has good speed and plays with insane intensity, but he has very poor vision. The reason he excelled last year was more because of the great improvement in Oaklands OLine and zone blocking scheme. You could plug a lot of average backs into the system and they would excel. I consider Fargas very average in terms of NFL talent at RB..which is no insult mainly due to all the talent there is at the position around the league. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's much less talented than Parker, but he is less talented.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk