MDC Expert Draft No. 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby Geoffrey Stein » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Hey guys,

Mock Draft Central hosted our first expert mock draft of the season this past Monday. I thought I'd share the results:

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/2008_fa ... raft_1.jsp

Some things that stick out to me:

-Was stunned how many rookie runners were draft. Six in the first seven rounds! I'm not sure if that'll hold up until August -- some might have to do with the NFL Draft buzz.

-Despite all of the talk surrounding the death of the stud RB, six teams still selected runners with their first two selections.

-Antonio Gates at 5.3? I don't think that one will hold up.

Any other thoughts?
Geoffrey Stein
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby ssarmstro » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:41 pm

[quote="Geoffrey Stein"]Hey guys,

Mock Draft Central hosted our first expert mock draft of the season this past Monday. I thought I'd share the results:

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/2008_fa ... raft_1.jsp

Some things that stick out to me:

-Was stunned how many rookie runners were draft. Six in the first seven rounds! I'm not sure if that'll hold up until August -- some might have to do with the NFL Draft buzz.

-Despite all of the talk surrounding the death of the stud RB, six teams still selected runners with their first two selections.

-Antonio Gates at 5.3? I don't think that one will hold up.

Any other thoughts?[/quote]

Yeah and I guess allot of the people are drinking the McFadden kool-aid, they have him drafted before portis and pretty close to Maghee. In addition, Micheal Turner before Jamal Lewis, Maghee, Portis, Jacobs, MJD?????? I am not sure a agree with how this went down... Turner has absolutely nothing going for him in the ATL except he is the stud RB there. Ex: the starting QB will either be a rookie or a 2nd string QB, the current coaching staff did nothing to build the o-line or defense. They will be passing allot to stay in games and they will have a hard time running. Hell I would take Portis over Turner if he only had a fullback and a box of cookies blocking for him....! And that is pretty much all Turner has in real life!!
ssarmstro
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:27 pm

ssarmstro wrote:Yeah and I guess allot of the people are drinking the McFadden kool-aid, they have him drafted before portis and pretty close to Maghee. In addition, Micheal Turner before Jamal Lewis, Maghee, Portis, Jacobs, MJD?????? I am not sure a agree with how this went down... Turner has absolutely nothing going for him in the ATL except he is the stud RB there. Ex: the starting QB will either be a rookie or a 2nd string QB, the current coaching staff did nothing to build the o-line or defense. They will be passing allot to stay in games and they will have a hard time running. Hell I would take Portis over Turner if he only had a fullback and a box of cookies blocking for him....! And that is pretty much all Turner has in real life!!

it's serpentine... you are reading the 2nd round backwards :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm

treat24 wrote:
ssarmstro wrote:Yeah and I guess allot of the people are drinking the McFadden kool-aid, they have him drafted before portis and pretty close to Maghee. In addition, Micheal Turner before Jamal Lewis, Maghee, Portis, Jacobs, MJD?????? I am not sure a agree with how this went down... Turner has absolutely nothing going for him in the ATL except he is the stud RB there. Ex: the starting QB will either be a rookie or a 2nd string QB, the current coaching staff did nothing to build the o-line or defense. They will be passing allot to stay in games and they will have a hard time running. Hell I would take Portis over Turner if he only had a fullback and a box of cookies blocking for him....! And that is pretty much all Turner has in real life!!

Yeah, that would drastically change the results. :-b

I still think that Ryan Grant is overrated this season. I think he is borderline first round material - high second rounder.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:16 pm

McFadden in the second :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Ok I am done

wait no I'm not. McFadden in the second :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
treat24 wrote:

Yeah, that would drastically change the results. :-b

I still think that Ryan Grant is overrated this season. I think he is borderline first round material - high second rounder.

Grant at #6 is a joke. I wouldn't take him until at least mid 2nd round. That guy's team is brutal- Grant, Maroney, and Graham as his first 3 picks?

Brown should't go in the first either, not after his injury and losing Cameron as coach. Before Lynch, LJ and Portis?
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Humpback wrote:Grant at #6 is a joke. I wouldn't take him until at least mid 2nd round. That guy's team is brutal- Grant, Maroney, and Graham as his first 3 picks?

While I like Grant this year, it is kind of funny that this guy used his first 3 picks on RBs and somehow still manages to be weak at RB.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Geoffrey Stein » Thu May 01, 2008 7:56 am

deerayfan072 wrote:McFadden in the second :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Ok I am done

We've run a few drafts for magazines that will be released later this summer as well, and McFadden went in the second-round every one of them.

Would I take him there? No. Do I think others will? Yes.
Geoffrey Stein
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby treat24 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:58 am

Geoffrey Stein wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:McFadden in the second :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Ok I am done

We've run a few drafts for magazines that will be released later this summer as well, and McFadden went in the second-round every one of them.

Would I take him there? No. Do I think others will? Yes.

I took AD in the 2nd round of every draft last year. Like Deeray, comparing AD and Mcfadden is ridiculous... but people will do it and 1/10 or 1/12 in your league will reach based on it...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Humpback » Thu May 01, 2008 8:54 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Humpback wrote:Grant at #6 is a joke. I wouldn't take him until at least mid 2nd round. That guy's team is brutal- Grant, Maroney, and Graham as his first 3 picks?

While I like Grant this year, it is kind of funny that this guy used his first 3 picks on RBs and somehow still manages to be weak at RB.

And he's not great at any other position because of it. :-t
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Football Talk