MDC Expert Draft No. 1 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 01, 2008 1:08 pm

treat24 wrote:
Geoffrey Stein wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:McFadden in the second :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b

Ok I am done


wait no I'm not. McFadden in the second :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b :-b


We've run a few drafts for magazines that will be released later this summer as well, and McFadden went in the second-round every one of them.

Would I take him there? No. Do I think others will? Yes.


I took AD in the 2nd round of every draft last year. Like Deeray, comparing AD and Mcfadden is ridiculous... but people will do it and 1/10 or 1/12 in your league will reach based on it...



2nd round of redrafts or keeper/dynasty? :-? Last year I got him in the 6th round of one of my redraft leagues. :-) I can see taking rookies early in keeper/dynasty leagues, but I'd never take one in the 1st 4-5 rounds in redraft. How many times does a rookie come in and perform like ADP in year 1? Not many. I'll take guys early that I know can perform & sometimes I'll take fliers on rookies in the middle rounds. I'll let other owners take McFadden in the 2nd this year in redraft leagues. Could he be awesome in year 1? Of course. Is it likely that we'll have an ADP type performance out of McFadden in year 1? Not IMO.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby treat24 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:23 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:2nd round of redrafts or keeper/dynasty? :-? Last year I got him in the 6th round of one of my redraft leagues. :-) I can see taking rookies early in keeper/dynasty leagues, but I'd never take one in the 1st 4-5 rounds in redraft. How many times does a rookie come in and perform like ADP in year 1? Not many. I'll take guys early that I know can perform & sometimes I'll take fliers on rookies in the middle rounds. I'll let other owners take McFadden in the 2nd this year in redraft leagues. Could he be awesome in year 1? Of course. Is it likely that we'll have an ADP type performance out of McFadden in year 1? Not IMO.


5 of my leagues were keeper/dynasty... got him in 4 of these
1 was auction... did not get him
1 was redraft... I got him at 2.11 in this league.

In one keeper someone else took him 2.01... so I didn't get him in that league. The thing is people in my leagues knew more about him. People like deeray, and like moon, who went to college with him... I couldn't let him slide. They actually knew how good he was. I had to jump or not get him. One league he went at 2.01 so that sucked. I missed out. I'm a Vikes fan, so homerism helped those picks. But during those drafts talking to people, I would not have gotten him in the 3rd. Had I let AD slide, I would not have got him. These guys do their homework and knew what AD was.

People can stop comparing Mcfadden to AD too... It's not close... Like Dee once said, It's like comparing Matt Ryan to Peyton Manning. Sure DMac has a little potential... but comparing the two is ridiculously silly.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:36 pm

McFadden is not worth a top 5 round pick in redraft. period. AD is 10 times back as him and he was going in the 4th-7th in redrafts last year. All this hype on McFadden is people thinking he will turn into the next AD because they saw what AD did last year. It won't happen because he is simply not that good
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby Geoffrey Stein » Fri May 02, 2008 9:32 am

Here's a mock I did last night for GameTimeDecisions.net -- it's WCOFF-Style (PPR); Flex; three starting WRs.

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/draft_grid.jsp?id=69282

McFadden went a little later here, the last pick of Round 4.
Geoffrey Stein
Cheerleader
Cheerleader


Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby treat24 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:42 am

Geoffrey Stein wrote:Here's a mock I did last night for GameTimeDecisions.net -- it's WCOFF-Style (PPR); Flex; three starting WRs.

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/draft_grid.jsp?id=69282

McFadden went a little later here, the last pick of Round 4.


Thanks for posting these Geoff, great resource for us. You run a great site :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 9:58 am

treat24 wrote:
Geoffrey Stein wrote:Here's a mock I did last night for GameTimeDecisions.net -- it's WCOFF-Style (PPR); Flex; three starting WRs.

http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/draft_grid.jsp?id=69282

McFadden went a little later here, the last pick of Round 4.


Thanks for posting these Geoff, great resource for us. You run a great site :-)


Agreed. No matter how crazy your mocks may be, they are still helpful ( ;-7 :-b )
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby Humpback » Fri May 02, 2008 10:07 am

Wow, another mock where Grant goes ahead of Portis, Gore, Lynch, McGahee, etc. I REALLY hope that happens in any league I'm in. ;-D

I like the kid and all, but there's way too much risk to be taking him mid-late first IMO.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 3333
Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby biju » Fri May 02, 2008 10:17 am

deerayfan072 wrote:McFadden is not worth a top 5 round pick in redraft. period. AD is 10 times back as him and he was going in the 4th-7th in redrafts last year. All this hype on McFadden is people thinking he will turn into the next AD because they saw what AD did last year. It won't happen because he is simply not that good


McFadden is going to go early in drafts because too many people sat on AD last year to see him dominate. Too many people thought "I could have won even if I had grabbed him in the 2nd round" and probably will try to do this with McFadden thinking they got a steal. I'm going to make a lot of fun of the guy who does that in my leagues this year...

:-o
Image
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5941
Joined: 6 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Seattle - Ballard

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 am

I expect by season start to see McFadden going in fourth rounds of league. Maybe late third, maybe early fifth, but that's the window I expect him to go in when the season rolls around.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: MDC Expert Draft No. 1

Postby Free Bagel » Fri May 02, 2008 5:56 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:McFadden is not worth a top 5 round pick in redraft. period. AD is 10 times back as him and he was going in the 4th-7th in redrafts last year. All this hype on McFadden is people thinking he will turn into the next AD because they saw what AD did last year. It won't happen because he is simply not that good


Agreed 100%. Everyone is grabbing McFadden because they want the next AD. He's not it, and it's unlikely anyone will be for quite some time.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 4:04 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact