Thomas Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones

Postby Axl's Army » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 pm

Improved O-Line, no RBs drafted (at least that I know of although they did pick up someone via Free Agency). He could be a nice value pick for those of you who go after a couple WRs or a WR/QB combo earlier than the guy that goes RB/RB in the first two rounds.

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thomas Jones

Postby JasonSeahorn » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 pm

There was another thread about this.

TJones is a nice 3rd RB to have but there are some problems with relying him as an everyweek starter, mainly that 1. TJones isn't that skilled of an RB, 2. The Jets offense is prone to stalling, hopefully that problem is improved upon and 3. There is no set RB at the goal line. Leon Washington was used on most passing downs and saw a lot of time at the goal line. Also, 4. They picked up some new guy AND added Jesse Chatman to the mix, so they now have four RBs to work with.

As you said TJones can/should be nice value as a back up, I wouldn't want to have to start him every week though.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:14 pm

I really like Thomas Jones this year. I wouldn't consider him a great RB2 to have on your team, but I do consider him a mid or lower RB2 to have. If you can have him as your RB3, your set (maybe get another RB4) as far as running back depth goes in my opinion. I think with the improved O-Line this year you can expect a great season (not just another one touchdown stinker).
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby killiansjmd » Sun May 04, 2008 3:44 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:There was another thread about this.

TJones is a nice 3rd RB to have but there are some problems with relying him as an everyweek starter, mainly that 1. TJones isn't that skilled of an RB, 2. The Jets offense is prone to stalling, hopefully that problem is improved upon and 3. There is no set RB at the goal line. Leon Washington was used on most passing downs and saw a lot of time at the goal line. Also, 4. They picked up some new guy AND added Jesse Chatman to the mix, so they now have four RBs to work with.

As you said TJones can/should be nice value as a back up, I wouldn't want to have to start him every week though.

Well I think the Jets managemnet believe they address concerns number 2 and 3 through the additions they made to the o-line and adding Tony Richardson. One of the reasons T.Jones couldn't get in the end zone last year was because their O-line couldn't get a good push. I agree however that right now he's a solid 3RB but could turn out to be a very solid 2RB this year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun May 04, 2008 6:33 pm

killiansjmd wrote:
Well I think the Jets managemnet believe they address concerns number 2 and 3 through the additions they made to the o-line and adding Tony Richardson. One of the reasons T.Jones couldn't get in the end zone last year was because their O-line couldn't get a good push. I agree however that right now he's a solid 3RB but could turn out to be a very solid 2RB this year.

8-o Completely forgot about that signing ;-D :-b :-b :-b :-) :-) :-)
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun May 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Shhhh! This guy is a mid-round steal this year. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:05 pm

The Lung wrote:Shhhh! This guy is a mid-round steal this year. ;-D

Is he ever ;-D
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk