Alexander to the Bengals??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Alexander to the Bengals???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Alexander to the Bengals???

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 01, 2008 1:33 pm

Possiblity, but his agent is contacting other teams too...

Last Updated: 11:31 am | Thursday, May 1, 2008
Alexander to contact Bengals
BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

Running back Shaun Alexander, cut loose by Seattle less than two weeks ago, will be contacting his favorite boyhood team, the Bengals.

"Making calls to teams. Bengals are on our list!" Jim Steiner, Alexander's agent, told The Enquirer in an e-mail Wednesday.

The Bengals did not use any of their 10 picks in last weekend's NFL Draft on a running back.

Coach Marvin Lewis said the Bengals are optimistic that tailbacks Rudi Johnson (hamstring) and Chris Perry (ankle, lower leg) will return to health and the field.

The team has some depth at the position with Kenny Watson and also has the untapped potential of DeDe Dorsey, who has been a regular at the team's practice facility during the offseason.

The Bengals also have Kenny Irons, who probably won't be ready for the start of training camp as he rehabilitates from a torn anterior cruciate ligament. He was the team's second-round draft pick in 2007.

con't...

more: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 805010378/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Alexander to the Bengals???

Postby Humpback » Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm

I saw this too, but it's only teams his agent is planning on calling, not teams calling him. Big difference, lol.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby PMoneyTKE » Thu May 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Interesting...i've always wondered what he would look like in a prison uniform :-b
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu May 01, 2008 5:55 pm

He's too nice.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri May 02, 2008 1:42 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:He's too nice.

Word. Good riddance, that is all I can say...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri May 02, 2008 2:47 am

WaCougMBS wrote:

Right.....it's all Shaun's fault the Seahawks haven't been able to get it done, maybe your next 3 time pro bowler RB will be able to take you to the promised land. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 2:57 am

Metroid wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Right.....it's all Shaun's fault the Seahawks haven't been able to get it done, maybe your next 3 time pro bowler RB will be able to take you to the promised land. :-b

Well, it hasn't seemed like SA really wanted it all that bad. He just looks like he has lost the desire and will to be the same caliber of back that he was. I know that injuries have a part to play in it, but I wasn't impressed with his effort watching him play. That might just be me too though. I like the guy and do hope he does good when he gets signed though. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri May 02, 2008 9:23 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Well, it hasn't seemed like SA really wanted it all that bad. He just looks like he has lost the desire and will to be the same caliber of back that he was. I know that injuries have a part to play in it, but I wasn't impressed with his effort watching him play. That might just be me too though. I like the guy and do hope he does good when he gets signed though. ;-D

Yeah I was a little drunk when I wrote that. :-b

No doubt the last few years it looks like he has lost his desire in Seattle. I'm not a big Alexander supporter by any stretch but when I hear people say stuff like "Good riddance" it just rubs me the wrong way. I mean he does have some pretty outstanding accomplishments. I guess thats what football is for some fans though...what have you done lately?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 9:54 am

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Well, it hasn't seemed like SA really wanted it all that bad. He just looks like he has lost the desire and will to be the same caliber of back that he was. I know that injuries have a part to play in it, but I wasn't impressed with his effort watching him play. That might just be me too though. I like the guy and do hope he does good when he gets signed though. ;-D

Yeah I was a little drunk when I wrote that. :-b

No doubt the last few years it looks like he has lost his desire in Seattle. I'm not a big Alexander supporter by any stretch but when I hear people say stuff like "Good riddance" it just rubs me the wrong way. I mean he does have some pretty outstanding accomplishments. I guess thats what football is for some fans though...what have you done lately?

I completely agree with you. Regardless of what people think about him and his effort, he is/was a great RB in the NFL and did good things for the franchise. However, if it was the team you rooted for, I can see where the frustration would come from too.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby dream_017 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 am

Here we go again ;-7
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Next

Return to Football Talk