2008 = Draft of the century? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Kansas City Chiefs

2008 = Draft of the century?

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 = Draft of the century?

Postby spodog » Thu May 01, 2008 2:15 pm

The more I look at the Chiefs draft, the more impressive it gets. Take a peek at some of the comments that the guys over at Pro Football Weekly had on some of these prospects that KC picked up. They may have ended up with:

1) The best player taken - Dorsey - ranked #1 OVERALL by PFW
2) Possibly the best Offensive Tackle - Branden Albert- ranked 8th OVERALL and the top OT by PFW
3) One of the top 2 Corner's - Brandon Flowers- was viewed as a 1st rounder and ranked the #2 CB by PFW
4) One of the better RB's - Jamaal Charles - was viewed as an upper 2nd round pick by PFW and ranked #5 RB by others
5) Possibly the best Safety - DeJuan Morgan - was ranked as the #1 Safety by PFW
6) Possibly the best return guy - NCAA record setter Kevin Robinson of Utah State was ranked as #1 or #2 kick return guy

PLUS a Top 10 TE to step in to Jason Dunn's role in 3rd rounder Brad Cottam.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 = Draft of the century?

Postby logan » Fri May 02, 2008 11:06 am

it was a solid draft overall but i wouldn't have minded them taking a d end earlier though. i'm not exactly excited about moving boone to the end position but outside of that they did a pretty solid job of drafting this year as long as the big 3 don't bust. the chiefs haven't exactly had a lot of luck drafting dt's in the first round or at all.

course the best thing of all was that with all the picks we didn't draft a punter or kicker. that's always a plus with this team. ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby spodog » Tue May 06, 2008 12:09 am

logan wrote:
course the best thing of all was that with all the picks we didn't draft a punter or kicker. that's always a plus with this team. ;-D

If only that were really funny. Drafting a placekicker in the 5th round who can't even hold the job is just sad. 8-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FirstAnd99 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:47 pm

spodog wrote:
logan wrote:

If only that were really funny. Drafting a placekicker in the 5th round who can't even hold the job is just sad. 8-o

Only in Carl Peterson's world is Justin Medlock > Mason Crosby
FirstAnd99
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Kansas City Chiefs