8 QB's Not Enough for Gruden; Chris Simms to Cowboys? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

8 QB's Not Enough for Gruden; Chris Simms to Cowboys?

Moderator: Football Moderators

8 QB's Not Enough for Gruden; Chris Simms to Cowboys?

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:45 am

Eight is not enough, apparently.

Though he is probably in his own words headed to the Arena league one day soon, former Nebraska quarterback Sam Keller is now a Buccaneer.

Keller on Thursday was added to the Buc roster for the rookie minicamp, a three-day camp which begins this afternoon.

That brings the total of Buccaneer quarterbacks to eight.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the Bucs may be dealing Chris Simms to Dallas in exchange for draft picks.

Keller? Really? Why not bring in Callahan to run the offense too

If the Simms rumor is true I feel happy and sad for the guy. He has talent, but it has been stifled here by Gruden. The guy can be a starter in the league, but he has not been given a fair shot. I am glad he will get out of TB, but he is going to be stuck behind Romo
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 8 QB's Not Enough for Gruden; Chris Simms to Cowboys?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 10:19 am

I would LOVE to have Simms in Dallas. I hate to see the talent go to waste, but my boss and I were actually talking about how great it would be to get Simms as a backup from TB just yesterday.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Until the Bucs actually start reducing the number of QBs signed, there'll probably be a whole bunch of rumors of Simms going to ____ team. Some Chicago Tribune writer already started saying that the Bears should sign Simms once he gets released.

Maybe Gruden should quit coaching in the NFL and open up a QB training camp full time. Then he can play with QBs all he wants full time. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:37 am

beanoX3 wrote:Until the Bucs actually start reducing the number of QBs signed, there'll probably be a whole bunch of rumors of Simms going to ____ team. Some Chicago Tribune writer already started saying that the Bears should sign Simms once he gets released.

Maybe Gruden should quit coaching in the NFL and open up a QB training camp full time. Then he can play with QBs all he wants full time. :-b

They said we may carry 4. The ones that Gruden and Allen said are 100% safe are Garcia, Griese, and Johnson
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Sat May 03, 2008 11:31 am

Man the Bucs seriously need more QB's man. 8 isn't nearly enough.

Heck add a few more and you can set up an entire offensive package where every player on the field is a QB.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby knapplc » Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 pm

Keller didn't succeed all that well at Nebraska because he's not a West Coast quarterback. He got the gig because Keller's dad is friends with Callahan. So don't judge Keller on what he did at Nebraska - it was, obviously, not the best situation for the guy.

I think Keller could get on with some team somewhere. He has wonky release and he's got to get better overall mechanics, but he's not unskilled. He'd be a good #3 QB right now, and who knows what he could do with some development.

As for Callahan, he's a fine NFL coach, he just has no clue how to run a college program. I'm damned glad that guy is gone from here, but I expect him to have a successful coaching career in the NFL, especially as an assistant. He knows his X's and O's, that's for sure. He just was never a good fit for Nebraska.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Munboy » Sun May 04, 2008 8:03 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
beanoX3 wrote:Until the Bucs actually start reducing the number of QBs signed, there'll probably be a whole bunch of rumors of Simms going to ____ team. Some Chicago Tribune writer already started saying that the Bears should sign Simms once he gets released.

They said we may carry 4. The ones that Gruden and Allen said are 100% safe are Garcia, Griese, and Johnson

I think if you add their ages together, you'll get roughly 203 years of experience. Way to look at the here and now Gruden! ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:04 pm

knapplc wrote:Keller didn't succeed all that well at Nebraska because he's not a West Coast quarterback. He got the gig because Keller's dad is friends with Callahan. So don't judge Keller on what he did at Nebraska - it was, obviously, not the best situation for the guy.

I think Keller could get on with some team somewhere. He has wonky release and he's got to get better overall mechanics, but he's not unskilled. He'd be a good #3 QB right now, and who knows what he could do with some development.

As for Callahan, he's a fine NFL coach, he just has no clue how to run a college program. I'm damned glad that guy is gone from here, but I expect him to have a successful coaching career in the NFL, especially as an assistant. He knows his X's and O's, that's for sure. He just was never a good fit for Nebraska.

What system do you think we run? Callahan learned his system from Gruden.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk