Rumor MBIII for Ocho? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby SLAMLLC » Fri May 02, 2008 9:03 am

Rumor on the streets is that maybe MBIII goes to Cincy for Chad.

Think about it.

Almost seems like it might have been discussed before the draft.

I thought something might be up with Dallas going after Choice after they picked Felix. Now they have two rookie RB with good potential. They have been giving off weird vibes about not seeming like they want to give MBIII what he wants. This would leave the Cowboys with two rookie RB's and then they could sign a "Value" veteran like SA, Rhodes, maybe Jordan if released, or my favorite Kevin Jones. Doesn't anyone see it odd the Cowboys didn't pick a WR in the draft with their obvious need?

Cincy could use a solid RB right now. Yet they don't draft one with the ninth pick, or any pick? What's up with that? Chad wants out we all know that. They solve that problem and get MBIII. Doesn't really make much sense that they turn down a first round 2008 pick from Washington with a third round possibly becomming a second or first in 2009, unless they saw something more appealing. Possibly two first round picks for a 30 year old player claiming to want to sit out? Seems stupid unless there is more...

It makes all too much sense. Any thoughts?
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:08 am

http://thereis.nooffseason.com/index.ph ... ors-2.html

There's the link. I do not think this has much truth to it. Seems to be more idle speculation.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 10:21 am

Actually it makes no sense and would be a colossally idiotic move that would go down in history as proof that Jerry Jones is in fact not from this world, but sent here to destroy America's Team from a realm yet to be discovered.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri May 02, 2008 11:23 am

The Cowboys dynasty of the 90s was anchored on a solid running game, and the new Cowboys now again have a solid running game. I don't think they would change that. Plus, there is nothing wrong with having two good RBs in real life, it makes opposing defenses cringe when they have to try to tackle a fresh RB that is nearly as skilled as the starter.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:28 am

Wow, Cinci will have Alexander, MBIII, and Rudi!

:-°
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby SniperShot » Fri May 02, 2008 11:35 am

Ocho is not being traded. I have no idea where this word on the streets gets out but I'm sick of talking about Chad Johnson. The Bengals organization will keep Ocho on the bench all season if they must, they're not trading him. Didn't anyone hear the words of Marvin Lewis when Chad said; "trade me or I'll sit all year!" Lewis responds: "Sit all year if you have to." Chads under contract with the Bengals and even though he is a star he can't leave without their OK unless he's an unrestricted free agent.

I don't see why how or where all these rumors are coming from. The Redskins said to the Bengals name your price for Chad Johnson, and the Bengals said there was no price. How much more torment must we go through before these rumors stop about Chad Johnson.

And uh, who would want to trade away one of the best looking young RB's in the league right now? Cowboys would be nuts to cut loose MBIII.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Metroid » Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:

Actually it makes no sense and would be a colossally idiotic move that would go down in history as proof that Jerry Jones is in fact not from this world, but sent here to destroy America's Team from a realm yet to be discovered.

The only people who really think that Dallas is "America's Team" are cowgirls fans. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri May 02, 2008 12:13 pm

The Bengals are not going to trade CJ. If they had any intention of trading him, they would have traded him to Washington for two first round picks.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby SniperShot » Fri May 02, 2008 12:36 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:The Bengals are not going to trade CJ. If they had any intention of trading him, they would have traded him to Washington for two first round picks.
I need to just make this my sig and refer to it any time another CJ trade thread starts. :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Humpback » Fri May 02, 2008 1:11 pm

That's a link to another post on some message board, hardly a "source".
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Next

Return to Football Talk