Rumor MBIII for Ocho? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby beanoX3 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:
It makes all too much sense. Any thoughts?


Actually it makes no sense and would be a colossally idiotic move that would go down in history as proof that Jerry Jones is in fact not from this world, but sent here to destroy America's Team from a realm yet to be discovered.

The only people who really think that Dallas is "America's Team" are cowgirls fans. :-D

The term irks me. Might have fit during the '90s, but it should die now. :-C



This rumor was probably spawned by some bored blogger. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5971
Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby ivesaidway2much » Fri May 02, 2008 7:24 pm

SniperShot wrote:And uh, who would want to trade away one of the best looking young RB's in the league right now? Cowboys would be nuts to cut loose MBIII.
Good running backs are a dime a dozen. The Giants won the Superbowl with Jacobs(drafted one pick behind MBIII in the 4th), Ahmad Bradshaw (late 7th round rookie), and Derrick Ward (an undrafted FA) as their main running threats throughout the season. The Cowboys would be fools to turn down a straight up trade of MBIII for CJ. Especially since they wouldn't owe Johnson any signing bonus and could cut him at any time without any negative cap ramifications.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 482
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri May 02, 2008 7:29 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:
SniperShot wrote:And uh, who would want to trade away one of the best looking young RB's in the league right now? Cowboys would be nuts to cut loose MBIII.
Good running backs are a dime a dozen. The Giants won the Superbowl with Jacobs(drafted one pick behind MBIII in the 4th), Ahmad Bradshaw (late 7th round rookie), and Derrick Ward (an undrafted FA) as their main running threats throughout the season. The Cowboys would be fools to turn down a straight up trade of MBIII for CJ. Especially since they wouldn't owe Johnson any signing bonus and could cut him at any time without any negative cap ramifications.


MBIII is a young, talented RB that can make a huge impact for a team. CJ is an annoying, self-centered ticking time bomb that when coupled with TO would make the most dynamic WR duo in the NFL, however, not the kind of dynamics you would like on a team. And its not like you can't win a Superbowl without excellent WR's too. Wait, we have an excellent WR. My bad.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby mekongplease » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Nice to know with all the bright minds here, no one has said they didn't trade him because of cap reason. Wait till after June 1st when they can spread that bonus out. It all has to do with the cap.
GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD.
mekongplease Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 340
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby Free Bagel » Fri May 02, 2008 9:44 pm

ivesaidway2much wrote:
SniperShot wrote:And uh, who would want to trade away one of the best looking young RB's in the league right now? Cowboys would be nuts to cut loose MBIII.
Good running backs are a dime a dozen. The Giants won the Superbowl with Jacobs(drafted one pick behind MBIII in the 4th), Ahmad Bradshaw (late 7th round rookie), and Derrick Ward (an undrafted FA) as their main running threats throughout the season. The Cowboys would be fools to turn down a straight up trade of MBIII for CJ. Especially since they wouldn't owe Johnson any signing bonus and could cut him at any time without any negative cap ramifications.


Yeah, and they won it on the hands of David Tyree, not exactly a Chad Johnson-esque WR there.

Your point may have been applicable if the rumor was of a trade that sent MB3 away for a pass rusher, which is what won the Giants the super bowl. But that's not the deal here, and with two first round picks the Cowboys had plenty of ammo to add such a pass rusher (Jason Taylor) and chose not to anyway.

The only thing weaker than the RBs of super bowl teams since 2000 is the WRs of super bowl teams since 2000.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 03, 2008 12:00 am

I hope they don't do this. As talented as he is I can only see him causing problems.
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed May 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I hope they don't do this. As talented as he is I can only see him causing problems.


I agree. I like the idea of trading Barber because of his contract demands and the fact he's a niche RB. But CJ would cause way too many problems because with a trade would be a contract. CJ isn't going to go to Dallas on the same contract. He would want to re-up. So Dallas would not be able to cut him at any time with no Cap ramifications. So with the new contract and his EGO CJ and TO would not get along too well. Plus it's not like CJ is a spring chicken I'd rather get a younger WR like Roy or Boldin.

I'm on the trade Barber bandwagon because I believe he isn't worth hwat he wants and some team in the offseason will pay him that and I hope it's not Dallas. I think Dallas would be able to handle the offence with Romo, Witten, TO, Choice, Felix, Bennett and say Roy Williams. I actually like it more than the offence we currently have. Maybe cause I think Choice may be able to handle the barber duties in this offence. And I'm a little worried the NFL has put in a rule about RBs making contact with the heads of opposing players. That's one of barber's biggest weapons.


It's all just speculation though. I wouldn't call it a rumour. But I agree it makes a ton of sense for Cincy or Detroit to consider it.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby eaglesrule » Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm

you can still stiffarm, they are just going to be more vigilant about the offensive facemask (from what I understand)
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Barber doesn't have to use his "face punch" move thingy in order to be really good either. He uses it maybe three or four times a game and usually it just gets him 4-5 more yards. I don't think I have seen him except maybe once use it to break a run loose for a big gain.
Image
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16386
Joined: 4 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed May 07, 2008 9:04 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Barber doesn't have to use his "face punch" move thingy in order to be really good either. He uses it maybe three or four times a game and usually it just gets him 4-5 more yards. I don't think I have seen him except maybe once use it to break a run loose for a big gain.


The stiff arm is allowed still. You just can't grab the face mask or "Hit" the defending player in the head. Which is what Barber mainly uses. He likes to hit guys in the head and it probably deteres them from going to tackle him throughout the game. I'm just saying, and remember I love barber, he is not a guy that can break away from anyone and now one of the tools he uses to break tackles (the main thing he's good at) is being taken away. And he wants to be paid like a top 3 RB which he most certainly is not. Anyone that needs to have a #2 guy in order to be a complete RB isn't worth the money. I'd rather get a #1 WR for him before he walks at the end of the year. And I most certainly do not want to pay him that kind of money.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:35 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact