Rumor MBIII for Ocho? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rumor MBIII for Ocho?

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:Actually it makes no sense and would be a colossally idiotic move that would go down in history as proof that Jerry Jones is in fact not from this world, but sent here to destroy America's Team from a realm yet to be discovered.

The only people who really think that Dallas is "America's Team" are cowgirls fans. :-D

The term irks me. Might have fit during the '90s, but it should die now. :-C

This rumor was probably spawned by some bored blogger. :-b

Actually they were America's team back in the Staubach era, 1970's. In the 90's they were South America's team due to the vast quantities of the white stuff from Columbia that Michael Irvin was stuffing up hs nose!
;-7 ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 pm

stomperrob wrote:Actually they were America's team back in the Staubach era, 1970's. In the 90's they were South America's team due to the vast quantities of the white stuff from Columbia that Michael Irvin was stuffing up hs nose!

Columbia? The University?

Or do you mean Colombia, the South American country?

Sorry Officer. Had to be done. :-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Kilroy wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Actually they were America's team back in the Staubach era, 1970's. In the 90's they were South America's team due to the vast quantities of the white stuff from Columbia that Michael Irvin was stuffing up hs nose!

Columbia? The University?

Or do you mean Colombia, the South American country?

Sorry Officer. Had to be done. :-D

Oops, my bad - do I have to turn in my badge??? :~( Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Wed May 07, 2008 11:21 pm

mekongplease wrote:Nice to know with all the bright minds here, no one has said they didn't trade him because of cap reason. Wait till after June 1st when they can spread that bonus out. It all has to do with the cap.

And BINGO was his name oh! ;-D

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ivesaidway2much » Wed May 07, 2008 11:44 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
ivesaidway2much wrote:
SniperShot wrote:And uh, who would want to trade away one of the best looking young RB's in the league right now? Cowboys would be nuts to cut loose MBIII.
Good running backs are a dime a dozen. The Giants won the Superbowl with Jacobs(drafted one pick behind MBIII in the 4th), Ahmad Bradshaw (late 7th round rookie), and Derrick Ward (an undrafted FA) as their main running threats throughout the season. The Cowboys would be fools to turn down a straight up trade of MBIII for CJ. Especially since they wouldn't owe Johnson any signing bonus and could cut him at any time without any negative cap ramifications.

Yeah, and they won it on the hands of David Tyree, not exactly a Chad Johnson-esque WR there.

Your point may have been applicable if the rumor was of a trade that sent MB3 away for a pass rusher, which is what won the Giants the super bowl. But that's not the deal here, and with two first round picks the Cowboys had plenty of ammo to add such a pass rusher (Jason Taylor) and chose not to anyway.

The only thing weaker than the RBs of super bowl teams since 2000 is the WRs of super bowl teams since 2000.
Plaxico Burress caught the game winning TD. He, Amani Toomer, Steve Smith, and David Tyree all had huge catches on the final drive. Jacobs had one running play, which was one more than Bradshaw.

And the Giants win was a total team victory. Eli would have been sacked as many times as Brady was in that game, had he not broken three tackles on one play. He just handled the pass rush better than Tom did. He also threw for more TD's and had a much better yards/attempt average. The Giants RB's also had more yards/carry than the Patriots RB's. And the Giants' defensive pressure came from their defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs thank to Coach Spags great schemes. The Giants simply outplayed the Patriots in every phase of the game. Everyone from Eli and the DE's all the way down to special teamers like David Tyree had to play well for that victory.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu May 08, 2008 7:17 am

ivesaidway2much wrote:Eli would have been sacked as many times as Brady was in that game, had he not broken three tackles on one play.

:-b So that one play would have counted as three sacks? :-D

I do agree though with much that you said. Brady didn't handle the rush at all, and the Giants outplayed them. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 pm

I doubt Chad leaves Cincy. His agent is probably letting him know right now, that if he sticks it out Coach Marvin's dumbass will be out on the street next season.

I thought the guy was an inpsiring leader at one point, but right now Marvin Lewis has showed himself as a fraud. The guy is just plain stupid and deserves to be fired. Too bad Carson Palmer aligned himself with the stupid coach who will probably be gone soon instead of his best player, otherwise things wouldn't have been this bad.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I doubt Chad leaves Cincy. His agent is probably letting him know right now, that if he sticks it out Coach Marvin's dumbass will be out on the street next season.

I thought the guy was an inpsiring leader at one point, but right now Marvin Lewis has showed himself as a fraud. The guy is just plain stupid and deserves to be fired. Too bad Carson Palmer aligned himself with the stupid coach who will probably be gone soon instead of his best player, otherwise things wouldn't have been this bad.

why is that? He is getting rid of all the garbage and trash on the team. His own players, not just Chad, are rallying around the guy and said he got the locker room back when he dismissed Henry and his comments regarding CJ. CJ and Housh aside, it looks like the rest of the team is pretty sold on Marvin
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu May 08, 2008 1:48 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I doubt Chad leaves Cincy. His agent is probably letting him know right now, that if he sticks it out Coach Marvin's dumbass will be out on the street next season.

why is that? He is getting rid of all the garbage and trash on the team. His own players, not just Chad, are rallying around the guy and said he got the locker room back when he dismissed Henry and his comments regarding CJ. CJ and Housh aside, it looks like the rest of the team is pretty sold on Marvin

Yeah I agree, if Marvin is out next year it wont be because he lost control of his team I don't think. It'll be because the Bungels come up short again, they are in arguably the toughest division in the league and that will be his downfall. He is doing exactly what the front office wants of him regarding how he's handling the trash. And I think his players respect him for it. What exactly makes Marvin Lewis stupid?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu May 08, 2008 2:14 pm

It's be a pretty easy argument against the division being the best in the league Met. Maybe 4th or 5th best.

And about Marvin, I actually like him as a person. But he lost that dressing room along time ago. Besides CJ and Housh? Uh, aren't they 2 of your top 3 players? And he has already ridded himself of many of the problem dressing rooms guys because he obviously couldn't control them. Some of the blame must go on the coach to not be able to control his team off the field.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk