Offensive linemen are the smartest... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Offensive linemen are the smartest...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Offensive linemen are the smartest...

Postby knapplc » Sun May 04, 2008 7:21 pm

First off, this test is absurdly easy. I doubt this is a real Wunderlich test.

Second,what chimps wrote this thing? Question #3, "Paper cells for 21 cents per pad. What will 5 pads cost?" If you're going to create a test to check the intelligence of your subjects, at least get the correct word in your question. ;-7

Finally, I also thought it was pretty common knowledge that linemen were among the smartest in the NFL.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Sun May 04, 2008 7:53 pm

knapplc wrote:First off, this test is absurdly easy. I doubt this is a real Wunderlich test.

Second,what chimps wrote this thing? Question #3, "Paper cells for 21 cents per pad. What will 5 pads cost?" If you're going to create a test to check the intelligence of your subjects, at least get the correct word in your question. ;-7

Finally, I also thought it was pretty common knowledge that linemen were among the smartest in the NFL.
So basically what knapp's saying is this thread is a waste of bandwidth- telling you things you already knew and linking to tests that don't prove anything...

;-) :-b
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun May 04, 2008 8:00 pm

Due to the fact that linemen don't have to exercise NEARLY as much as the other positions, they have more time to study.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

I though this was old news? :-?
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dream_017 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:45 pm

dream_017 on Sun May 04, 2008 10:34 am wrote:I thought this was already a pretty widely known fact :-?

knapplc on Sun May 04, 2008 8:21 pm wrote:Finally, I also thought it was pretty common knowledge that linemen were among the smartest in the NFL.

Canucks_Fantasy on Sun May 04, 2008 9:00 pm wrote:I though this was old news? :-?

Looks like I'm the smarterest :-B

knapplc wrote:First off, this test is absurdly easy. I doubt this is a real Wunderlich test.

There are a number of different Wunerlich tests available. I didn't look at this one, but it is probably just the sample version they have available, not actual sample questions from the NFL version.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby knapplc » Sun May 04, 2008 10:04 pm

I typed my response pretty fast, but I was referring to what you said, Dream. I should have quoted yours and said something like, "yeah, what gives?" I had just read yours before typing that.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Sun May 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Same, Dream did spark my memory.

I, Canucks_Fantasy, declare Dream_017 is the smarterest person that has ever lived.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun May 04, 2008 11:01 pm

I was positive the "cells" thing was a trick to get me to answer it wrong. I agree though, this test had very few questions that required much thought and only about two that required more than a couple seconds of time.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon May 05, 2008 10:24 pm

Given that some of these schools turn out kids that are functionally illiterate, they gotta toss 'em a few bones and give them at least a couple questions they have a shot at answering, otherwise the only thing some of them would get right is the space where they have to fill in their name (and some probably have trouble with that even!)!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Ek » Mon May 05, 2008 11:01 pm

The fact that you guys were getting scores like that pretty much confirms it...NFL players are dumber than average people. Is anyone surprised by this?
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue May 06, 2008 2:36 am

Ek wrote:The fact that you guys were getting scores like that pretty much confirms it...NFL players are dumber than average people. Is anyone surprised by this?

Or maybe the Cafe has people smarter than the average person. The demographics of who ends to visit the Cafe would probably tend towards a higher average IQ and score level. Lots of mathematically minded people, etc.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk