Benson Arrested - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson Arrested

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Benson Arrested

Postby knapplc » Sun May 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Cut him!

And maybe this tells us why the Bears drafted Forte. Lots of people wondering about that around draft day, or thinking it was just to spur Benson along, but it may have been the precursor to cutting ties with Ced. And good riddance, too.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Old_Style » Sun May 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Is Goodell going to do something about Benson and his misbehaving?

I hope so, just so the Bears aren't tempted to put Benson in the backfield. :-t
"Jay is our quarterback."
Old_Style
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Is Goodell going to do something about Benson and his misbehaving?

Send him to Dallas. That's where all the troublemakers go.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:06 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:

Touche
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby beanoX3 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:

Touche

He was arrested in Texas. That good enough? :-b

:edit:
Here's Benson's version of events. Paints a different picture than the statement released by the police.

Benson said an officer asked him to board the police boat for an abbreviated sobriety test during which he recited the alphabet. Benson said he recited it without any mistakes. He said he was also asked to count forward and backward "at least 20 times." Benson said he kept asking the officers why they were doing this, while the police boat slowly drove away from where his own boat was parked.

Benson said that after the abbreviated sobriety test, the officer didn't charge him or say he'd failed the test, but that they wanted to take him in to land for more testing. "Why? I've passed every test," Benson said he asked the officer.

Benson said he was polite, even calling the officer "sir," and that he never cursed or yelled until the officer suddenly put down his flashlight and pepper sprayed him in the eyes.

With regard to the police claim that Benson refused to wear a life jacket, Benson said he was never offered one. He said police threw one over his head before departing the boat.

Benson said he was carried and dragged to a squad car once reaching land, but not because he was resisting officers. He said it was because his ankles and feet were kicked out from under him, and so he couldn't walk. Benson said he pleaded with police. "Please sir, let me just walk off the boat like a man," Benson said he told the officer.

Benson said he was repeatedly sprayed in the face with a water hose until he could no longer speak. Benson said he begged the officer to stop.

"I did nothing wrong; I didn't resist arrest, didn't curse and wasn't drunk," Benson told NBC 5.

Link
But he's still a bum. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kilroy » Mon May 05, 2008 2:31 am

What is it with NFC North Players and boats? :-D

That thin ice Benson is on is cracking under the weight of his stupidity.

As to his version of events, somehow I doubt that the cops pepper-sprayed him no reason. I wonder if the Police Boat was equipped with a video camera? Regardless, I'm sure Goodell will be speaking to Bumson in short order.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon May 05, 2008 9:19 am

Yeah, those stories are so different. Makes it hard not to believe the police's version, but hey, you never know I guess.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Old_Style » Mon May 05, 2008 2:57 pm

My guess, is that he tried to flee but feel down after about three yards or so.
"Jay is our quarterback."
Old_Style
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Lung » Mon May 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Old_Style wrote:My guess, is that he tried to flee but feel down after about three yards or so.

:-b

Or he got tackled by one cop. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby knapplc » Mon May 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Good ones, guys. As a Bears fan it pains me to see "my" RB get dissed like that, but the guy SO deserves it. He has been a total bust. :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk